Wellness > Mental Health

Mental Health In The Last Few Weeks Of The Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

We all are in the home stretch of our semesters where we have the feeling of the lost drive to do anything, but now is the time to be taking care of yourselves especially if you have finals coming up. You don’t want to be over stressing yourself over whether you are going to pass a final or not. You need to start studying and allow yourself to relax in between so that you don’t hurt your brain before it is time to pass those tests. My best suggestion is to study for an hour and then take a five-ten minute break. Also, don’t study for more than three hours in a night because you don’t want to be over studying and then not remembering the things that you tried to study. Sometimes when I am studying I let myself have a 15-minute break and what I do with that time is go on Netflix and watch something or I play a game on my phone.

This is the time of year that students start getting mental health problems because they are stressing about tests and they don’t take care of themselves like they should. They stay up all night studying forgetting that one of the most important things for a college student is SLEEP. I am asking you to make sure that you are getting enough sleep because you don’t want to fall asleep during your finals and run out of time to take them. Also if you have more than one test in a day make sure that you allow for food to get in your system in between if you can. Food will fuel your brain. For me, I have two finals in one day but I have 90 minutes in between so I can go get food and refresh myself before I switch my brain to another subject for testing.

It is important to take care of yourself in the last few weeks of school so please make sure that you are being the best person you can be and getting everything that you need to finish off your semester with a bang. I know I am going to be watching how much sleep I get the next few weeks because I have three finals and two of them are on the same day. I know that I am going to be stressed which is why I plan to start studying this week so that I really feel prepared for my finals in two weeks. I just can’t wait to be home for the summer but I need to make sure that I have everything I need to pass my finals before I can enjoy my summer. Also once you finish your finals make sure that you don’t stress about your grades if you don’t have to.

You need to remember to take care of yourself at this time of year because now is the time that people start losing more hair and getting grouchy about the fact that they have so many papers to write and tests to take. Prepare in advance and make sure to keep track of your schedule so you don’t forget to study for something. Wishing everyone the best of luck on finals and other exams that may be occurring for you at this time of year.

Accounting Major with a Minor in Personal and Organizational Communications
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University