Having Too Much on Your Plate Can Be a Bad Thing 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

More often than not, girls take on way too many things on a college campus. By the time they realize that it is too much, they are having panic attacks and mental breakdowns. Do we really know what causes those things? Frustration can cause a mental breakdown and stress from having too many things to do could cause panic attacks. When these high-risk situations occur, how do you deal with them? 

TALK IT OUT!

You get all of the emotion out of you when you tell someone else how you are feeling. Sometimes they can identify what is bothering you before you can. Sometimes talking to people can really calm you down when you have too many strong feelings going on in your head at once. 

In other cases, it is a sign that you should be taking more time for yourself. Maybe that means watching Netflix or coloring or doing something by yourself in your room that does not stress you out. The best thing to do is lay in bed and listen to music because then you can sing along and forget about the present moment for a few minutes. 

Everyone has that moment when they don’t know what to do about the way that they feel about things. In my case, I try and find time to step back and let myself breathe. For me, that could mean just sitting in my room relaxing and getting things done like laundry and cleaning my room. I also find it very relaxing to do things that I love, like community service. 

Doing too many things at once does not allow you to enjoy all of the things that you are doing. Make sure that you are not planning to work yourself to the point that you are not able to do your homework and study for exams. Time management is a key part of college because you will never get a job in the real world if you can’t show that you can manage your time in an effective way. 

Take care of yourself and don’t do too many things to the point that you won’t enjoy college any more.

Accounting Major with a Minor in Personal and Organizational Communications
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.