This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It’s the end of the semester and I am already looking to the future. It is kind of hard to think about goals for the next semester when you don’t even know your grades for this semester, but I am going to be thinking about it anyway. Next semester, I will be taking five classes for a total of 20 credits. This means that for the second time in my college career I will be overloading. This means that I will be taking more credits than the suggested amount. 

I couldn’t be more excited to take some of the classes that I find a little more interesting and enjoyable. With taking those classes I need to set some standards for myself because five classes is a lot and I am in Greek life and I hope to get more involved with that next semester. I would say one of my biggest goals is to get a little bit closer with my roommate. We have different interests and personalities which makes it hard for us to be able to hang out. I love my roommate but I sometimes wish that I spent more time with her because I feel like she balances my loud personality out when I am with her. 

My next goal is to spend more time with the brothers of my fraternity because I feel like I just don’t know that many people. Part of the reason that I joined the fraternity was to branch out and meet new people. This organization has given me all of the tools that I need to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. I also have a goal to spend a little more time with my big before she leaves for good because she already graduated. I also want to take a little in the spring because I want to keep my family alive and because I think it would be so much fun to help someone through the new member process like my amazing big helped me.

If I didn’t have goals for school this article would be a bit pointless. My biggest goal is to work on my time management so that I am able to balance all of the things that I want to do with the work that I need to get done. Knowing that I have five classes means that I really need to be able to stay on top of my game which I know that I can do. I have more faith in myself than people think I do. I am not really the type of person to procrastinate because I can’t handle the extra stress of worrying about getting things done the night before it is due.

I would love to say that I have high hopes for spending more time with my older sister because we are taking the same class with the same professor at different times next semester, but I know that she will be busy with other things like her capstone, so hanging out once every couple of weeks will be good enough for me.

I think one of the biggest problems of setting goals is not being able to keep up with them. Early in the semester, I had a goal to work out a couple of times a week and I can honestly say that that is not what happened at all. I maybe worked out twice this entire semester. On the other hand I do a ton of walking around campus so I do get some exercise but it is not enough for my health so I really need to set a new and improved goal that is more reasonable for myself. 

Accounting Major with a Minor in Personal and Organizational Communications
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University