absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Make Your Own Hallowe’en Treats!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Halloween is always a fun time of the year – we all love getting to dress up and eating an unlimited amounts of sweets without feeling guilty! And, right now with everyone’s current obsession, ‘The Great British Bake Off’ on TV, we have some really easy and fun Halloween sweet treat recipes to share with you!

Cobweb and Eyeball Icing Biscuits

For the cobweb biscuits:

1. Buy a pack of plain biscuits and lay them out on a flat surface
  2. Put some icing sugar in a bowl and add small amounts of water until smooth icing is formed
  3. Top the biscuit with the white icing then carefully add circles (using a black icing tube or pen) from the outside of the biscuit to the middle until you can only fit a dot of black icing in the centre
  4. With a toothpick, starting from the middle, drag the toothpick to the edge of the biscuit. Repeat this step leaving a space each time you drag the toothpick and your biscuit will look like a cobweb!

For the eyeball Biscuits:

1. Buy large Oreo biscuits and a small colourful icing tube set
  2. Separate the Oreos and keep the side with the white filling (the plain side you can eat or make your own white icing to go on top!)
  3. Pick a colour from your icing tubes and draw a small circle on the white part of the biscuit.
  4. Use the black icing to draw a smaller circle on top of the coloured icing. Then use the red colour tube to draw veins coming from the coloured circle. You now have an edible eye!

Scary Hallowe’en Jelly

This simple treat is fun and looks good if you’re throwing your own Hallowe’en party!

1. Choose a flavour of jelly and follow the instructions on the pack
  2. Before putting the jelly in the fridge to set add some Hallowe’en favourites like plastic spiders, eyeballs and fingers. Snake gummy bears also look great hanging over the edge of the bowl!
  3. After adding all your extras put the jelly in the fridge to set. You will then have your scary jelly ready to show off!

Ghost Marshmallows

To make these really simple marshmallows all you need is a packet or two of marshmallows and some decorations to create whatever you want!

1. Using a black icing tube or pen you can draw scary faces on the marshmallows to make ghosts
  2. Dip the marshmallows in orange icing and then roll them in orange and black sprinkles, then using bite size pretzel or break sticks, place these through the middle of the marshmallow. This will make a broomstick!