The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Here are some products that were recently released or that I thought you’d be interested in hearing about. I’ve got something for everyone, makeup, skincare, hair,  accessories, and even some movies to check out. 

Rare Beauty 

Selena Gomez’s brand Rare Beauty just released some new items including  All of the Above Weightless Eyeshadow Stick, Brow Harmony Precision Pencil and Brow Harmony Flexible Lifting Gel, and Perfect Strokes Long Wear Gel Eyeliner.

One of the items that stood out to me is the Perfect Strokes Long Wear Gel Eyeliner as it is a waterproof pencil that states it can be used on the waterline. As someone who has never been able to use eyeliner on my lower lashes, as it always smudged, or my waterline because it never stays however when items like this come out I always hope I’ll finally find something that works- and I did When I tried it for the first time it stayed waterline on my water line 6 hours before it started to fade. As for my lash line, it didn’t smudge or run at all. I was very surprised and happy that it lasted despite the high humidity and heat in the deep of July and August 

The All of the Above Weightless Eyeshadow Stick was creamy, pigmented, and easy to blend without losing any pigment or unevenness -all of which stood out leading me to include it in this piece. as I never had a shadow stick like that before. ($22.)

I also found that the Brow Harmony Precision Pencil and eyeliner stayed on equally well with the same pigmentation as the shadow stick and eyeliner. It comes in six colors. ($19) All items are available at Rare Beauty’s website and Sephora.

Kylie Cosmetics

I love to have a look where I’m glowing. When Kylie Cosmetics introduced their new Body Glow, it was of instant interest to me. This product really stood out to me because this can be used on your face and body. On Kylie Cosmetics’ product website, they even suggest that you mix it “in with your foundation, moisturizer, or body lotion to have an added glow.” I love being able to control how much glow I get and the shade. In addition, it is combined with moisturizer so that I don’t have to add another layer of a product to my skin. I personally like putting on as little layers. There are four shades; two golds, a copper, and a bronze. It is available at Kylie Cosmetics and Ulta ($25.)

About-Face

Like many of you, I play with Instagram filters and I like the ones that give my cheeks the rosey but not quite sunburn look. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get that look in my everyday routine without sun exposure, which led me to come across About-Face’s Cheek Freak Blush Balm in the shade laid. I’m not used to cream, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to try it. After all, you never know until you try. I was really happy I did. The product was sheer, so it let me slowly get the look I wanted. As someone who doesn’t normally use cream blush, there was a bit of a learning curve, but after a few days, I was able to apply it quickly. I found it was the perfect double for an Instafilter look available at their website and Ulta. ($18)

Skin Care

Face Haus 

Lips- The Schmoozer is the best lip balm I have ever used. It worked better than Vaseline for me. I started using it when my lips were very cracked and peeling. I had tried Vaseline, chapstick, a very K-beauty product, but I was still having issues. Then I tried The Schmoozer. This is very smooth. I used it at night and the next morning I woke up and it looked like I never had an issue to begin with- I became completely obsessed. I also like to use this as a gloss as well because it’s non-sticky.

The Outset

Gentle Micellar Antioxidant Cleanser

This brand is co-founded by celebrity Scarlett Johansson. It initially drew me to the brand because I kept hearing repeatedly how it is perfect for sensitive skin and that Scarlet herself uses it. Usually, I’m not one of those people to follow a celebrity routine, but her skin looks amazing. Also, I heard a lot of positive things from my local Sephora. Their cleanser stood out to me because it was very gentle light and almost water-like. I have sensitive skin and I had no problem using this cleanser 2x a day. It is available at Sephora and online at The Outset ($12-$32)

Another product I think you would like is their Ultralight Moisture Boosting Oil. ($44) It was very gentle on my skin. I also loved their oil. As it is very gentle and lightweight and isn’t just for your face. Johansson posted an Instagram video on The Outset’s Instagram page. In the video, she explained how she uses it on her lips and hair as well. I decided to try it on my hair because Scarlett mentioned it. It was very lightweight helping to control frizz without losing greasy. They are sold separately as well as together in a few sets, including The Prep and Glow Set. The prep and glow set also come with their moisturizer and eye cream. ($146). All Products are available on their website.

Medik8

They just released the Ultimate Recovery Bio-Cellulose Mask. What it is, is a pack of 8, one-time-use sheet masks that are made for sensitive skin, sunburns, or recent skin peels or microdermabrasion. The fact that it’s made for skin in those sensitive positions stood out to me. Also, I know how hard it is to find something when you have sensitive skin or a sunburn. I know personally it’s often a lot of googling or asking people whose skin has the same issues. It is easy to use as you use it as a regular face mask. ($70) available at their website.

Hair 

BondiBoost 

BondiBoost recently released a lot of new products including The Airburst Styler which is very unique with tiny air vents. It also goes to a special setting when it reaches the desired temperature. It intrigued me because I am obsessed with keeping my hair healthy. Since had never seen or heard of Cool Air Vent Technology before I wanted to learn more about it before I wrote about it. So, I asked NYC stylist, and Bondi Boost Ambassador, Tommy Buckett, to learn more about the products and the cool Air Vent Technology that is in this: “The Cool Air Vent Technology emits a burst of cool air as you style to reduce heat on the hair, lock in waves and curls & help seal the hair cuticle for a shiny, smooth finish” ($80.)

Beachwaver

Luxe Leave-in Conditioning Detangler. There are a few things that made this product stand out to me. First of all, is the smell. The scent is Bali Beach Night, which is one of their fragrances. To me, it has a light scent that reminds me of sweet coconut. The second thing that stood out to me is how lightweight the product feels. It is truly the fine mist that they advertise as I didn’t feel like I put anything in my hair. The third thing that stood out to me is the Hi X Bond Multiplier. It is something unique to Beachwaver and it is said to smooth and strengthen your hair. While I don’t have dyed hair I do deal with dryness and frizz from heat and air conditioning. I did notice that it greatly helped my frizz every time I used it and as I co-tinted to use it I did notice less breakage thought that is something people would be interested in knowing about. Available on their website ($21.60)

Accessories 

BaubleBar

August is prime baseball time and being from New York I know all about the passion people have for their teams and rivalries. For example, any New York vs. any Boston/New England Team- why I don’t know but I digress  So in looking for some fun ways to show off my favorite team I came across the MLB Gold Pisa Bracelets from BaubleBar. They are gold beaded bracelets with an enamel double-sided bead in the center. One side of the bracelet looks just like a baseball while the other side has a team logo. I decided to include this because the bracelet can also work for work. Because it is a majority of gold beads it looks very professional for those who work in offices where there are very strict dress codes so it can be worn as much as you want. ($30)

Disney is currently celebrating their 100th anniversary. Like many of you, I am a huge Disney fan so I’ve been very excited with all the Disney items that are currently being released. So when I came across their Mickey Mouse 3D pendant on Bauble Bar’s website I just had to include it! There are three options: clear stones, multi-colored rainbow, and red/black, the latter is the typical Micky look. What stood out to me is how lightweight it is. Given the amount of stones, I expected it to be very heavy but it turned out to be very lightweight-. It felt like I wasn’t wearing anything. It also looked spectacular and caught the light very beautifully which made it look a lot more expensive than the price: ($48.)

Fragrance

Juicy Couture recently added Viva La Juicy Sucré as a permanent product. If it sounds familiar it is because it was originally released in 2017 as a limited edition product. 

The company likens it to a cupcake in terms of frosting and cake base, something they call Floramber Fruity Gourmand fragrance with the base containing vanilla extract. The notes include sparkling Mandarin, Orange Flower, peach nectar, and Almond cream.  It is available at Ulta, Macy’s, and on Juicy Couture ($29-$120)

Regardless if you are looking for an item to up your makeup game, add some bling to your look, or simply repair your hair I hope I was able to help you!

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.