This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

The sun is shining, birds are chirping, and flowers are starting to bloom; spring is in the air. With this seasonal transition, you may be feeling inspired to do some spring cleaning, but this common tradition goes far beyond tidying up your physical space. After all, spring is a season for rebirth, renewal, and growth, so it’s important to think about all the areas in your life you can declutter in order to make room for the new.

Here are ten ways you can spring clean your mind, body, and soul this season:

1. Clean Out Your Closet

You KNOW you’ve got at least 10 items sitting in your closet that you will never wear again, so it’s time to finally let these go. If it’s not something that you don’t feel confident wearing, out it should go! You deserve a wardrobe full of clothes that make you feel like the best version of yourself. I love giving any clothes I’m getting rid of to my little sister, Plato’s Closet, or a local clothing donation site.  

1. Organize Your WorkSpace

I don’t know about you guys, but when my workspace is cluttered, so is my brain. Taking the time to clear everything off my desk and give it a good Clorox wipe-down makes such a difference in my productivity and motivation to work.

1. Wash Your sheets

This one may seem self-explanatory, but it is definitely a must! There is no better feeling than jumping into a bed of freshly washed sheets and pillowcases after a long day.  

1. Empty Your Inbox

If you’re anything like me, your inbox is always flooded with hundreds of unnecessary emails. Not only do these emails take up valuable storage space, but they make it so difficult to find the few important emails you actually need to read. What I recommend doing is going through all your unread emails and unsubscribing from the companies that constantly spam your inbox. Though this may take some time, the outcome is 100% worth the effort.

1. Reevaluate Priorities

It’s only natural that as we grow and change, our friendships do too. If you’re really feeling let down by some people in your life, it’s probably worth asking yourself: do you really want to put more time into that relationship, or would it be better spent elsewhere? Removing negativity wherever you can is a great way to declutter your life.

1. Sleep

As a college student, I feel like no matter how much sleep I get, I am always tired. Especially at this point of the semester when work really seems to pick up, it is crucial that we give our bodies time to rest and refuel. Whether it’s going to bed an hour earlier every night or letting yourself sleep in on the weekends, try and fit more sleep into your schedule to help you feel refreshed and energized throughout the day. 

1. Organize Your Phone

Cleaning out your phone is something you might not think about when spring cleaning, but it can make such a difference in your daily life! This includes doing things such as cleaning out your photo album, deleting unused apps, and unfollowing any toxic social media accounts.

1. Get Some Fresh Air

If you hate the cold weather like I do, the first few warm days of spring are an instant mood booster. What I love to do is open all the windows in my dorm whenever I can and fill the entire room with fresh air.  

1. Simplify Your Routines

Spring is the perfect time to take a good hard look at your current routines and habits and see what is working and what needs to be adjusted. If you notice that you’re wasting too much time on your phone or watching TV, try and plan time in your day to get outside or try a new hobby!

1. Self-Care

One of my favorite self-care activities is taking THE shower. Now I’m not talking about any normal day-to-day shower, I’m talking about a shower where you get out all your fancy scrubs and soaps, use that expensive deep conditioner, and blast your favorite tunes. 

Megan Swezey

Stonehill '24

Meg is currently a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. Aside from writing, she has equal obsessions with dancing, hiking, sushi, jean jackets, Spotify playlists, and her two cute pups. Peace out!