This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stevens chapter.

As winter starts to close, the thought of the hot sun and a warm breeze start to take over the mind. As someone who battles with the need for some Vitamin D, I know how distracted I can get with the idea of spring break – what comes before and after. The final three months seem to always be the longest. I’ve realized there are some skills to combat the upcoming laziness and what some would call ‘spring break fever’ 

1. Create a planner and stick to it!

Creating a planner might seem easy and simple but, creating a planner that is not only filled with what needs to be done but what would make you happy, is important! Being crammed with work with a back-to-back study schedule is dreadful, but having it laid out will keep you on track!

1. Sweet treats!

Getting those sweet treats after a hard day or night is something to look forward to. What do you do in summer when it’s extremely hot out? My mind goes to the ice cream truck. Ice cream and delicious treats can keep your mind off of the crazy exams and schedules that are about to come upon the next few weeks. Maybe even reward yourself after getting something done with a little treat or if you’re feeling a little down. Close your eyes and picture eating ice cream at your favorite boardwalk or pool. 

1. Summer outfits! 

Personally, my favorite time of the year for fashion is summer. Getting those cute new jean shorts and a breezy crop top makes everything seem right. Start thinking about those outfits you could put together. Again, with the reward system, getting done with that exam or paper means a new top for the summer time. Maybe even going to that new store to get that bracelet that would pair well with that bikini.

6X3nwEQSWSR7CnPezQlK NPuN7 EA5T2iVUys3yXiS5BaW9vh dOCbe VduwhWh9HiaQ7nnvumHJA2rG2gUoZXDopebApywqqAIMj4Tt67YNyBcAl656RIluJjH2YZso0o7Zcutll2X3EH I Sw4JE

4. Fun drinks!

Different seasons mean new summer and spring drinks! A personal favorite, Starbucks, always has fun new drinks during every season. Why not pick up a new iced drink on your way to class? Something fun and refreshing! Even though they haven’t come out yet, some fun drinks will start to appear at your favorite locals. Some examples shown below are the 2023 starbucks drinks that were launched:

R1tYzzfrG5pSnyc2O owRYN2VKJdwFGyfwZeG

wgxaE DniMT SfmQCIjXUTQPlzGcS3SwgKBJAuMEXnPv00UsWfXqe7OPA mSL7RemiaBRwQtLMnkNUyEsXJLnllkvArI5HOpTzBmmBv5U5HGi9x8RV IFgSr jCYNCmWgE6FutzIPcWPSPu LmabQZM

5. Getting more comfortable with the weather!

Finally – getting more comfortable with the weather. Even though it’s cold, sit outside for a second and take in the surroundings. Take a break from all that school work and take in the last bit of the cold you can get. Soon it’s going to be scorching hot and the cold breath you see coming out will cease to exist until late fall. 

Even with all the spring break fever, it’s always important to keep yourself in check. Getting your work done and holding yourself accountable will always benefit you in the long run. Keep the future in your mind and know that a sweet treat during the hot summer days will be the best thing to be in your hands but only if you stay on track. You only have one life and being where you are will only happen once. Cherish it.

Daria Hadiyan

Stevens '25

Daria Hadiyan is a 3rd year Marketing Innovation and Analytics major. When she’s not at school or writing she has a part-time job at Olivia’s Restaurant in Hoboken, NJ. She spends her free time with her friends and enjoys reading by the Hoboken pier!