This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

I know it can be hard, if not impossible, to forgive the people who have caused you pain. They’ve caused you to break into a tiny million pieces and to look at the world differently. However, I also know that you aren’t the only one who has experienced these feelings of solitude and anger. There are others who know this pain as their own. Today I would like to give you a few tips on how to let go and enjoy what the future holds, despite the deep-seated feelings that are inside of you.

1. Practice Mindfulness

Just taking a deep breath everyday can help tremendously to remove anxiety and promote a healthy mental lifestyle. The app Calm is my favorite way to practice mindfulness. It comes with many different peaceful background noises, and a serene backdrop. There are also sleep stories that help you to fall asleep and breathing exercises. I hope that this helps you in your journey to let go of what cannot be changed.

2. Talk to Someone

Although it is what everyone says to do, talking to someone about what’s bothering you does help to alleviate the stress and anxiety that you could be holding inside. Even if this means talking with your pet, just make sure that you have the conversation with someone. Sometimes it can be hard to let people in after going through hard times, but it is important to open up and create close knit relationships.

3. Yoga

It is a breath of fresh air to be with other people and relax at the same time. Stretching is a wonderful way to let go of what cannot be changed and look towards the mental clarity of a new day. Not only will it satisfy what has been bothering you, but it will also help you to make many new friends and people that you can talk to about anything. Tune into Julie’s Yoga with a Twist every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 12:30-1:20 in the Student Activities Center. I promise that you won’t regret it!

Image Credit: Julie’s Yoga with a Twist

4. Taking Time to Relax

Take some time for yourself every once and awhile. Whether this means taking a nice scenic hike by a waterfall, taking a nice long shower, or doing a Netflix marathon. Just remember to make time for your own happiness, because you do matter and it is important to keep yourself stress free.

Follow your own path, maybe you too have practices that help to relieve deep seated feelings and emotions. Never underestimate the power you can have on your own life, and always remember to thank those who are there to hear your worries. Finally, pray for forgiveness and that it will come in time. Thank you for keeping an open mind and listening to a few tips!

HCXO,

Allie

Allie Richter

St Vincent '20

Just taking this life day by day. Staying positive and making the most out of what has been placed in this life. Growl Meow • SVC’20 Math Ed Major Special Ed Minor Emotional Supporter