4 Ways to Make Sure You Get to the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

So it is the end of week four of the semester and you still haven’t been to the gym. Why is that? Is it because you have been making excuses? Too busy of a schedule? Can’t manage your time right? Let me tell you, if you keep making excuses, chances are you will never go. Working out releases stress and endorphins which make you more relaxed and happy. Here are 4 ways to make sure you get to the gym.

1. Go in the morning

Yes, you may want to catch some extra z’s and not want to get up earlier than normal. However, if you think about it the time aspect and you “don’t have enough time to go to the gym,” waking up an hour earlier than normal to workout will not kill you.

2. Start out by going a few days a week

If you decide that you really want to get into exercising, start by going a few days a week. Or even if you really can’t find the time, going for at least a few days a week may be your answer. Once you get a few days down, you can always add more.

3. Find a gym buddy

Having someone to go to the gym with you makes you want to go and work out to your fullest potential. Sometimes your motivation might not be there but having the company of someone else will create more motivation. Challenge each other and see what happens with a little competition.

4. Eat a healthy diet

Chances are if you are eating a healthy diet, you will want to workout to improve your body too. You will see results faster and will ultimately feel much better.

Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio