How to Mentally Prepare Yourself for Finals Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! No, I, unfortunately, don’t mean Christmas time, just yet. I mean it is time to start studying for finals! Finals may seem dreadful because they are, so it is important to try to go through these next three weeks with a positive attitude. One final grade isn’t going to change the rest of your life. Take time to yourself these next three weeks and just know it’s going to be over very soon. Here are some things that I do to mentally prepare myself for finals season.

1.    Get your sleep!

Seriously, do not stay up all night studying. This is not going to help you. For me, I need at least 9 hours of sleep and finals week is not the time to start slacking on this. Plan your work ahead of time so you can ensure you can get a good night sleep each night.

2.    Do some yoga!

Yoga is an easy and peaceful way to exercise. During this time, you do not have to focus on anything else except yourself. It’s the perfect time to take a deep breath and listen to how you are really feeling. If yoga isn’t your thing, go for a hike or a run. Exercise is the best way to exert all the built-up anger you get from studying.

3.    Girls Night!

Get your girlfriends together, do some face masks, watch your favorite movie, and talk each other’s ears off. Friends are a great way to relieve some stress. You get to laugh and talk about pretty pointless things. It’s the perfect way for your brain to unwind after studying all day.

4.    TREAT YO SELF

I am a huge advocate of treating yourself once in a while. Finals time is the best time to treat yourself a little extra. Maybe reward yourself with that new sweater you’ve been eyeing after receiving a good grade. Or get the pub cookie for dessert even though “you really shouldn’t have it”. Reward yourself after all the effort you are going to put in these next three weeks.

Good luck during finals week. You are going to do amazing and remember to take care of yourself first!

Source- Google Images

Katie Leffel

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Katie Leffel and I am a sophomore and Campus Correspondent for St. Lawrence University, situated in Canton, New York. I am furthering my interests and pursuing double major in Business in the Liberal Arts and Economics as well as a minor in Film Studies. In addition, I am from Connecticut and my interest include fashion, art, exersize, and the great outdoors!