This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

We all succumb to spring fever at some point. I think we can all admit that we have each gotten sick of the endless snow and freezing weather and are ready for some sun.  However, controlling this “spring fever” is essential in our last few weeks of the school year.

First, I suggest getting a planner.  I use a Lilly Pulitzer agenda to keep my hectic life a little more organized.  We are all so busy cramming in the last month of school and it helps to write things down to stay on top of things.  Writing things down has been proven to help with cognitive recognition and will help you to remember deadlines, meetings, and social events.

(http://www.navyandstripes.com/2016/08/how-to-organize-lilly-pulitzer-agenda.html)

You also should make sure to get outside.  With most of us having classes indoors, we don’t get to see the sun as often as we should.  Seeing the sun and getting outside in the nice weather is known as “sun therapy”. This promotes the increase of serotonin and endorphins throughout the body and serves as an antidepressant that elevates your mood, so any chance you have to get outside is one that you should take.

(http://www.ocm.com/blog/how-to-keep-your-laptop-safe-in-college/)

Make sure that you make time for yourself.  Take a study break and get an iced vanilla soy latte from the bookstore.  Getting up and increasing your bodies blood flow is going to help keep you motivated.  You can go to a yoga session or sit on the quad and listening to your favorite music. Whatever you decide to do will help regenerate your mind and allow you to stay focused and sane.

Exercise regularly.  I find this a lot more doable when it becomes warmer.  It can be as simple as taking a morning walk around campus or sunning through the trail by the golf course.  Get yourself a workout buddy and get after it. This will help clear your mind and allow you to acclimate to the warm weather without letting it control you.

And remember, you are in control of yourself and can do anything you set your mind to.  Spring Fever is nothing you need to worry about anymore!

Lauren Donohue

St. Law U '21

I am a Senior at St. Lawrence University.  I am a Psychology major with minors in Film Studies & Sports Studies and Exercise Science.  I am the captain of the Womens Varsity Volleyball team and am a Senior Admissions Fellow on campus.  I enjoy sunny weather and iced coffee from Dunkin :)   
.