This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

As humans, not only do we need the company of friends and family, but it is essential to have a relationship with ourselves. It is the hardest, but most fruitful habit to love and treat ourselves everyday. It is important to be grateful and have small habits that can help you grow and be the best version of yourself. It is also important to keep in mind that every morning we wake up is a blessing, and it should be celebrated. The little things matter and can shape your day for the better. Here are little ways you can treat yourself everyday and make your days extra special:

• Make or get your favorite breakfast- By starting your day with your favorite breakfast, you can make your day more special and it is a quick, but efficient, way to treat yourself and make yourself happier. It is definitely a great way to start your day. If you don’t feel like making it, then order or pick up from your favorite breakfast spot and enjoy it outdoors or indoors.
  • Go for a walk/run- Going for a walk or for a run is a good way to treat yourself and feel healthier and more productive throughout your day. Even just walking in a park can make you feel better and give you that main character moment we all want.
  • Take yourself on a date- This is one of my favorite ways to treat myself. Taking yourself out on a date to your favorite restaurant can work wonders. Not only are you treating yourself, but you’re being comfortable with your own company and showing confidence within yourself. You don’t need anyone else to enjoy a nice lunch or dinner, and you can even learn more about yourself in the process.
  • Take a nap- Of course, taking naps is an easy and small way to treat yourself. Give yourself the time and space to take a power nap, and feel more relaxed and energized later on in your day. Cuddle up with your favorite blanket, or that 1 childhood stuffed animal you still own, and take a great nap!
  • Take a bath- Taking a bath is the best way to treat yourself. Personally, I love taking showers and baths, and simply enjoying that alone time. I do this while listening to music or a favorite podcast. I recommend before your bath time, to create a playlist of your favorite songs and enjoy that time.
  • Buy yourself flowers- Treating yourself with flowers, or any snack or little present, can be amazing. You don’t have to do this always, but here and there, you can buy yourself flowers and it will cheer you up and make you have a different perspective to your day.
  • Have a spa night- I love skincare or getting my nails done, and this is a perfect way to treat yourself. Prepare a spa night, do masks, and pick out your favorite nail polish, for a fun night. This is very relaxing and it also helps me get ready for bed. You can even try a DIY skincare hack and devote that time to yourself.
  • Start a TV show- Finding something new to watch and immediately loving it, is definitely a way to treat yourself. Get a little lost ion that TV show, and make your favorite snacks. Give yourself time to not be stressed and focus solely on that TV show.
  • Journal/Read- This by far has to be the most beneficial way that you can treat yourself. Put your phone on silent and start journaling. Write down your goals and aspirations, and what you have accomplished thus far. This is a great way to be creative and keep yourself organized. Additionally, you can also read a favorite or new book and get inspired.

I hope these little tips help you feel special, confident, and make your days 10 times better. Remember to always treat yourself and create the habits that will help you grow and be happier!

Melody Melo

St. John's '23

Hi! I'm Melody Melo I'm currently a sophomore at St. John's University and I'm majoring in legal studies with a minor in French. I love learning about different cultures and adventuring. I’m interested in philosophy and arts, and I enjoy expressing myself through my writing and style.