This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

Maybe it’s not bikini season anymore, and maybe you never had the time over summer to get that back to school body that you talked about, but it’s not too late to get a jump-start your workout regimen with the start of fall quarter. If Royal Brougham Gymnasium doesn’t sound appealing, there are many options available to you not too far from the University. Yes, doing squats and dumbbell exercises has its perks, but when that seems a bit monotonous, try attending a few fresh, exciting places to spice up your workout game.

Stop by the Student Union Building next time you are going to pick up lunch before running to your 12:50 class, and check out some of the unique exercise activities that ORP (Outdoor Recreation Program) has to offer. For only $30 per quarter, you can enjoy indoor rock climbing at Vertical World. Grab a few friends and go together during your off-time while you’re procrastinating. With this pass you can also check out gear for camping, hiking, and more before it starts to rain.

If that’s not your thing, go to Upper Queen Anne right next to Starbucks to do some Hot Yoga. Grab an Americano or skinny vanilla latte and check it out.

Let’s go beyond the usual exercises, and a few more miles down by the stadiums to Emerald City Trapeze and try out Hoops, Silks, Static and Flying Trapeze, and more. It’s only $30 for a two hour class, and after going the first time, they offer you three more classes for only $60 that never expires. Let me warn you, it isn’t so graceful the first time you try it, and it’s definitely not as easy as it looks. After two hours, your arms will be out for the count. You get to pretend you are a part of a circus, at least for two hours, or for long enough for your friend to take a quick picture of you; #joiningthecircus.

Don’t want to run again? Go take a dance class at Westlake Dance Center, behind Northgate Mall. They offer Hip Hop, Contemporary, Jazz, Heels, and much more. Up your cardio game by getting down with some great new moves.

And for all of you women who want to feel just a little sexier, try Seattle Pole Fitness. Get in touch with your feminine side, while developing your core muscles, trying to hold yourself upside down on the pole. Despite the negative connotation some girls receive from hearing “pole dancing”, it’s an incredible workout.

There’s a lot out there right around the corner. Keep your routine fun and fresh. If you don’t have time, Brougham will always be there, but why not try something new while getting to the new you that you’ve always wanted.

Click on these links to get more info on class schedules, location, and pricing for these great places that Seattle has to offer.

http://spu.edu/depts/assp/orp/index.html

http://www.polefitnessseattle.com/

http://emeraldcitytrapeze.com/

Hello world! I am Samantha, and I'm a junior Journalism major and Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design minor at Seattle Pacific University. I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, and lived there for 16 years before moving to the PNW. I competed in figure skating for 16 years, and now teach students of all ages how to figure skate. I am is also greatly involved in the Seattle Dance community, performing on three different dance companies including Breed Seattle, Westlake Dance Theater/Twisted Elegance, and Ante-Up Performance Group. I am currently the President of an up-and-coming club at the University, Ante-Up Dance Club, that is greatly involved in on and off campus events. I love anything and everything fitness, fashion, and dance related.
Fashion merchandising student at Seattle Pacific University where I aspire to become a bridal stylist, fashion stylist or trend forecaster. Other hobbies of mine include photography, sketching, and blogging . Follow my style blog at www.stylistinseattle.com