Hallmark Internship Native Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hallmark Internship Native Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team

A Letter From the Editor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

Dear readers,

Welcome back to Her Campus! The rest of the team and I are looking forward to a great year. Whether you have heard of us before or are interested in learning more, this article will give you a run down on our vision for Her Campus this year. 

To give you some background, Her Campus is a national online empowerment and lifestyle magazine with hundreds of chapters at universities around the country. Last year a few gals decided they should start an SPU chapter, and the first year went great! Now we’re back for year two and we’re ecstatic to continue the experience. 

We launch about three to five articles per week written by a variety of SPU students. To write you can contact our instagram @hercampusspu or volunteer at one of our meetings! We meet Mondays at 7pm in Weter Memorial Hall.

Anyone and everyone at SPU can join our club! We warmly welcome writers and readers of any gender, race, sexuality, and religion. We are strongly committed to providing a safe space and uplifting the voices of silenced communities. 

Our purpose here is to create a space for women and other minorities to use their voice, gain writing and editing experience, grow friendships, and allow for the chance to have creative freedom to write about our interests!

Article topics often revolve around culture, style, wellness, life, and career. However, you can write about anything you want! These are just starter topics to get you thinking about potential ideas. 

In the past we have had club members write a wide variety of articles including Why I Unironically Love Elsa, Supporting your AAPI Friends, Classes I Wish I Would Have Taken at SPU, and So You Want to Get Outside, but You Live in a City. There are movie and book reviews, guides on activities around Seattle, music playlists, pieces on social justice and activism, helpful guides about college life specifically at SPU, and so much more! Feel free to explore our chapter website to discover something for everyone. 

Her Campus is whatever you make it! Use this as a break from the rigid structure of school, a space to write about what you care about, or a fun place to make some friends!

Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns! I am so excited to collaborate with all of you beautiful and brilliant minds. Let’s do this!

Sincerely, 

Your Editor-in-Chief, Emma

Hello! I'm the Editor in Chief for Her Campus SPU. I am a senior at Seattle Pacific University, double majoring in Communication and Social Justice & Cultural Studies with a Concentration in Pre-Law, Human Rights, and Policy. I'm also pursuing a minor in Women's Studies! I am passionate about intersectional social activism and love dogs, books, and cookies.