Wellness > Health

Tips for Getting Your Summer Body Ready

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

So, most of us know a slight panic that arrives once the weather starts to warm up. We know that summer is right around the corner and here we are sitting on the couch eating Taco Bell. Don’t lie we have all done it. And, while procrastination gets us far in life, sometimes it doesn’t help us out when it comes to working out and eating healthy. So, if you feel like your summer body is not on point yet, check these helpful tips out.

1. Drink water.

All year long you hear people saying that you need to drink more water. With higher temperatures approaching, this is definitely the case. While increasing your water intake helps keep your body healthy and aids in weight loss, water also helps keep your face free from breakouts and helps prevent dehydration. Water is going to be your savior through the warmer months. Try infusing your water with fruit to give you some variety and a little snack later.

2. Find time to work out. 

Going to the gym or finding a running partner is going to make you feel summer ready. While being you is the most important, confidence is key to rocking any look. So, if you feel that maybe you could tone your stomach a bit more, doing some cardio and weight training can help. Always find a gym that you feel comfortable going to and if you can, try a free trial to make sure it is the right fit for you. Also, getting a friend to go with you makes the time pass by quicker. Another tip is to explore the city that you are in, so try walking to some new shops and museums downtown.

3. Eat healthily.

While having McDonald’s chicken nuggets once in a while will not hurt, having them 3 times a week will (late night cravings). Getting more fruits and veggies is an awesome way to incorporate a healthier lifestyle. Packing your lunch is a major tip to eating healthier. It helps you resist the urge of eating out which normally has less than ideal choices. Also, it helps save you money which is a plus to your wallet.

4. Practice self-care

Self-care is the best care. Getting a mani/pedi not only helps you relax but honestly, having beautiful nails helps pull any summer outfit together (nobody likes crusty toes). Maybe even go put on some self-tanner to look sun-kissed without the UV rays. Face masks also can help you get that summer glow to help you look like a snack.

Remember being happy and healthy is the most important thing. So, even if you do not get “summer body ready”, you are always ready for all the fun in the sun.

Roni Maybin

South Carolina

Current student at the University of South Carolina studying Retail Managment/Marketing. During my rare free time, you can catch me reading a new book or trying to travel to a new city. Hoping to live out my best life with as many dogs as my heart desires.