ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Apply to Be a Summer Contributor for HCSC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Hey collegiettes!

We are looking for contributors who have some extra time over the summer, or for those of you who are looking to get some editorial experience. If that’s you, then keep reading.

If you would like to be a one-time contributor, in order to share about you summer internship experience or your study abroad expereince, please email south-carolina@hercampus.com directly to pitch your idea and see if being featured is a possibility. Otherwise, here are some other weekly or bi-weekly options if you’d like to be more involved, or possibly become a full-time member this upcoming fall. 

Celebrity/Current Event Writer

Feature Writer

“I Tried It” Writer

• Writes 600-900 word article about you experience trying something new, a first-person account
  • Pitch to live time is 1 week
  • Example of articles like this: I Went to the Sex Museum in NYC, Here’s What Happened
  • To apply for this posistion, please pitch 5 article ideas and include a sample of your previous work if possible

Fashion, Beauty, Fitness Writer

As always, if you are interested in joining in the fall, send your resume, cover letter and previous work samles to south-carolina@hercampus.com. Be sure to check out our full post on what we are looking for, but don’t limit yourself to what’s written, if you have any ideas or would like to partner this upcoming fall, please reach out to one of our CC’s. Lexi Hill, alexahill@hercampus.com, or Reilly Tuccinard, reillytuccinard@hercampus.com

Keep us updated with what you’re doing this summer, tag us in a tweet or IG and we might RT or RG you! 

Lexi Hill

South Carolina '18

Lexi is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying multimedia journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to the city where she can pursue a creative career and grow old with her pet pug.