This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Everything from how to do your own taxes to how to slay your contour, these are five classes that all colleges need (especially USC)!

1.The Basics of Finance

If you’re like me, you probably don’t have a single clue about anything that has to do with finance. This class would break down all the basic stuff everyone should know: how to apply for loans, how to create a budget, taxes, buying a car etc. This stuff is super important, especially for post-grad, and it is something that we definitely need a class for.

2. Staying Healthy 101

Mental and physical health is extremely important in order to properly function as a human, and this is even more important in order to succeed in college. The gist of this class would be to learn about ways you can stay healthy on campus. There would be lesson plans on stress management, self-care, the importance of exercise, healthy eating and maybe a few days dedicated to yoga!

3. How to Make Delicious Food in a Dorm Room

Campus dining halls can get pretty boring and repetitive after a while, so if you were looking for a class to learn how to change it up from your usual Chick-Fil-A or Honeycomb Cafe, then this would be a perfect class. The instructor would show you how to cook yummy food like mug cakes, nachos, pasta and more in your microwave. And there would be in-class taste tests, of course!

4. Introduction to Making Friends

Coming to a brand new school when you know absolutely no one is completely terrifying, but for many USC students, this is exactly what they are going through. If you have no idea how to start making friends, this class would teach important social skills and ways to find people with common interests. Your instructor would inform you about all the clubs and various social events you could attend on campus to meet people. Every college should have this class!

5. Mastering Makeup

Have you ever watched a makeup tutorial showing you how to do a cut crease but you end up looking like a raccoon? Ever seen a girl with an eyeliner wing sharp enough to slice you up and wonder how? If you answered yes then this would be the perfect class for you! Your instructor would show you how to beat your face flawlessly; everything from a perfectly natural look to a night out look, this class would have it all.

With all five of these classes, you’d be able to master anything thrown your way!

Anna Ritchey

South Carolina '22

I am a freshman at the University of South Carolina, but I am originally from Charleston, SC. My major is fashion merchandising with a minor in business. Although I am not a journalism major, I have always had a passion for writing.
Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.