Seven Quotes to Inspire Your Self Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

College can be hard. Hustling back and forth to classes, club meetings or hanging out with friends, all with hours of homework stacked on top, can be super draining. Something often has to give, and generally the first thing to go is self care. In the interest of getting everything done, we forget to take care of our bodies and our minds. But we can’t forget how important this is! When the day is over, and all of the assignments are done, the only thing you are left with is you. So you had better darn well take care of you. Here are seven of our favorite quotes that inspire us to take care, and how you can use them.

1. Don’t forget that with all you do, that you need to love yourself. You cannot give to your friends, your activities and you partner if you are empty. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.

2. Sometimes we become so entrenched in what we are not that we forget to be grateful for who we are. Allow yourself to be inspired to be a better you each day, and to not paralyze yourself with the fear of failure.

3. You are so brave for making it through all your struggles. It takes an incredible mount of bravery to keep pushing.

4. One of the worst things you can do to yourself is to allow another person to be in charge of your happiness. Social support is important, but it is even more important to find that peace within yourself.

5. If you want to learn how to find healing within yourself, read poet Rupi Kaur’s book Milk and Honey. It’s full of gems like this and it will make you cry.

6. You are not your past decisions. You are what you choose to do today to move forward.

7. You can do it, collegiettes. Just be you.

All Images via Pinterest

Moriah is a Senior at Southern Methodist University majoring in English and Psychology. She is currently the Campus Correspondent of the HCSMU chapter, and has held the positions of Senior Editor, Profile Editor and Associate Editor. She is also a member of the Alpha Xi chapter of Gamma Phi Beta. She loves coffee and satire, and she is not a morning person.