This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

It’s that time of week again, you know the one. It’s the hardest day of the week where all you want to do is stay in bed…except you have hours of school work ahead of you and the thought of waiting for friday to roll around again seems almost unbearable. I’m talking about Sunday, and in particular the “Sunday Scaries.” Yes, they are a thing and they are REAL. When the Sunday Scaries are getting you down, use these 6 tricks to help combat those anxious feelings.

1. Set an alarm for your weekend

I know that sounds like the LAST thing you may want to do, but my mom always told me that I should set a sleeping schedule, especially on the weekends because if you’re messing with your sleep on the weekends, it’s going to mess with your sleep through the week and it’s this nasty cycle of sleep abuse you don’t want. My advice: set your alarm for 10 AM, that way you can slowly get up, shower, and get to Alliot for when it opens. Starting your day right is a major key.

2. Get organized

To some, this may sound a little crazeh (crazy) but I always look over all my syllabuses for the week on Sunday so that I can time manage like nobodies business. Once I have that in order, getting my work done doesn’t seem as daunting (usually).

3. Get off Campus (if you can)

I love to get brunch off campus or take a drive down to the waterfront for a walk, but basically getting off campus allows you to remove yourself from our tight knit community and gives you a sense of clarity. It’s amazing what a change of scenery can do for ya.

4. Get moving

Whether that’s going for a walk, a hike, attending a yoga class, dancing around your room with your gal pals, or hitting the gym, get your sweat on. It’s important for your physical and mental health (duh) and no one has ever said they regretted going to the gym.

5. Call your parents

I talk to my parents every Sunday and I always feel so good afterwards. They miss and love you and want to hear from you, so do it. It can take as long as 5 minutes.

6. Do something by yourself, for yourself

College is a beautiful thing because you are constantly being stimulated by other people and spending time with your friends, but alone time is so, so important. Even just a few minutes by myself I find to be so helpful. I personally like to listen to music while I lay in my bed, but whatever you do, taking the time to be by yourself to check in with yourself is a must.

Hopefully you’ll use this the next Sunday you find yourself glued to your bed and your Netflix as motivation to start your week off right.

Photo sources:

1.)https://giphy.com/gifs/excited-screaming-jonah-hill-5GoVLqeAOo6PK/links

2.) https://giphy.com/gifs/cleareyes-organization-organized-clear-eyes-xTk9Z…

Hey, I'm Jess Costa and I am a Junior Psychology major and a Global Studies minor at SMCVT. My interests in journalism include self-care, mental health, music, fashion, food, and fitness. Follow me on Instagram @jessicacosta007
CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.