Wellness > Sex + Relationships

10 Ways to Celebrate Halloween With your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Spooky season is upon us, and time is running out to pack in as many Halloween activities with your significant other as you can! Here are 10 fun-filled things to do with your special someone to make the season memorable.

1. Go to a pumpkin patch

There is no cuter fall activity than going to a pumpkin patch with your partner. There are so many photo opportunities for that perfect social media post, you can sit and talk on the hayride, get lost in the corn maze, and so much more. The brisk fall air and colorful leaves set the perfect tone for a romantic fun-filled adventure!

1. Pick out the perfect couples Halloween costume

How you celebrate Halloween as you get older is subject to change, but whether you’re going to a Halloween party or just staying in, a couple’s Halloween costume is a wonderful way to connect you and your significant other on the holiday. 

1. Carve or paint pumpkins

Carving pumpkins is a timeless Halloween tradition, but if you’re in a college dorm, or just really dislike the mess of carving a pumpkin, painting a pumpkin can be the perfect way to feel festive without getting pumpkin seeds all over you. Not only will a painted pumpkin last you the whole month of October, but it is also the perfect way to tap into your creative side with your partner.

1. Go to the Winchester Mystery House

The Winchester Mystery House is a local tourist attraction in San Jose. If you’ve never been, you can always do the normal tour of the house, or if you’ve been or are even feeling a little spooky, you can do one of the Halloween-themed tours!

1. Make Halloween themed snacks

Snacks are a must for almost any activity, but when it comes to watching scary movies, or painting pumpkins, a good Halloween-themed snack is the way to go. My personal favorite is Monster Cookies

1. Go to a haunted house

While not for the easily scared, a haunted house can be a fun way to go a little out of your comfort zone this Halloween! No haunted house is the same, so maybe even check out a couple!

1. Watch Halloween movies and eat candy

Halloween candy doesn’t just have to be for the Trick or Treaters this year! Watching a Halloween movie with your special someone is the perfect mix of spooky and romantic! Whether horror movies or Disney Halloween movies are more your speed, this is a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday!

Check out these articles on Disney Halloween movies to spook your Halloween and an ultimate list for horror must-sees!

1. Make Halloween themed drinks

Halloween drinks to go with your Halloween snacks? Yes, please! Whether you’re 21 and up, or under 21, making fun drinks can be a great way to spice up your Halloween! Here are some alcoholic Halloween drinks, and here are some non-alcoholic Halloween drink ideas!

1. Listen to spooky/scary story podcasts

This is a modern take on scary campfire stories! Instead of being outside in the cold, you can enjoy some scary Halloween stories from the comfort of your home! Bring some snacks and prepare to be spooked!

1. Do a Halloween themed photo shoot

Remember that ghost photo shoot trend from last year? Well, it’s back, and now there are pumpkin heads and so much more! Not only is this a fun activity to do with your significant other, but you’ll also get some spooky Instagram-worthy pictures out of it!

Tell us what fun Halloween activities you’re doing this Halloween by tagging us on Instagram, @HerCampusSJSU!