This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Who doesn’t love a good Halloween movie marathon to bring in the spooky spirit at home? Whether it be with family, friends, or just by yourself, everyone loves to watch some movies that fit the theme of October. Disney always comes prepared with their annual “Monstober”, filled with movies both old and new. I am here to tell you my favorite Disney movies that I think are perfect for this season. Please remember that these are my opinions and you are free to think otherwise.

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

A classic for all of us, whether you consider it a Halloween or Christmas song. Honestly, who doesn’t sing “This Is Halloween!” at the top of their lungs when the opening song plays? I make sure to watch this movie at least once during October. Watch as Pumpkin King Jack Skellington makes his way out of the scary town of Halloween and sees what’s beyond what he knows. 

1. Halloweentown (1998)

Imagine having a normal life before finding out you’re a witch and getting thrust into the world of witches, warlocks, and many more. Well, that’s the life of Marnie Piper. Meeting new people that she befriends and goes on big adventures in hours of fun. I would love to meet and become friends with the same people she meets in Halloweentown. And guess what, once you finish this movie, there are three whole other movies in the series ready for you to watch.

1. Twitches (2005)

Finding out you have a twin sister and that you two are witches? That’s bound to have so many shenanigans and troubles coming your way. Saving the world with your twin sister that you haven’t grown up with sounds like an adventure of a lifetime. Once you’re done with the first movie, maybe you’ll have the time to check on the sequel, Twitches Too.

1. Hocus Pocus (1993)

Another classic for the history books. If you haven’t seen this movie (you are missing out if you haven’t), you definitely have at least heard of it. Three witches executed at Salem in the 17th century are suddenly being revived to wreak havoc on the world and it’s up to a couple of kids to save them. Right now there’s only one movie, but lucky for us, Disney is planning a sequel for Fall 2021.

1. Girl vs. Monster (2012)

I’m not sure if this is on anyone’s list, but this is definitely one of my favorite movies. Not only does it have a cool plot where a girl finds out she’s from a family of monster hunters, but the movie’s soundtrack is really awesome. Olivia Holt has such a nice voice and the songs are killer.

And that’s it! I can’t compile every Disney Halloween movie into one list, that’d be too long. It’d be even longer if we consider movies that aren’t from Disney, but I hope we all agree that Halloween movies are one of the best ways to celebrate the holiday!

Tweet us your favorite Disney Halloween movies at @HerCampusSJSU!

I am a Journalism major at SJSU. I fell in love with it and I hope to travel the world to learn new things and meet new people. I hope one day to have my works published for the world to see. In my free time, I like listening to music while I scroll aimlessly through social media or talking to my friends.