Style > Beauty

9 Skin Care Products Every College Girl Should Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

1.  Burt’s Bees Rejuvenating Eye Masks

These are amazing to have in your dorm, especially during finals week. These are available at Target, and on Amazon for $3. They usually go fast!

2 . Origins Tinted Moisturizer

Origins is a great skincare company. This moisturizer has a slight, skin tone matching tint. It also has a 15SPF for protection. Origins offers complimentary mini facials in store if you sign up online.

3. Rose Quartz Facial Roller

These are amazing for your skin after a long day. As Victoria’s Secret models swear by, keep the roller in the freezer so you are also simutaneously icing your face every day.

4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray

If you haven’t heard of this product, here is your wake up call. I keep this in my purse for a mid-day skin pick me up. The Aloe, Cumcumber, and Green Tea one is my favorite because I have acne prone skin and it calms redness.

5. Mario Badescu Chamomile Eye Cream

Mario Badescu has 8 different eye creams, and the Chamomile is my best match for my senstitive skin. Badescu’s website goes over each cream and the best match for your skin type.

6. Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash

A little tube of this from Origins goes a long way, the formula is made to calm blemishes and bring forth natural coloring. It’s life-saving, and you can go get a free sample (and a free facial) from the Origins location in Harvard Square.

7. Burt’s Bees Night Cream

There a lots of great night creams I selected this one because it’s what I’m currently using. In college, with young skin, it’s important not to use heavy night creams that can clog your pores overnight. Light mosturizers like this one should only be used 3-4 times per week for young skin.

8. Trader Joe’s Blueberry and Acai Face Scrub

When it comes to exfoliating it’s really tempting to pick up the Dove or Neutrogenascrubs from CVS, but it’s really, really important that try to use natural exfoliators whenever possible. Plastic microbeads are a big issue right now and they are polluting our oceans. This face mask has real blueberries and no plastic microbreads. I put it in the freezer before applying every Sunday.

9. Trader Joes GrapeFruit Ginger Sugar Srub

Another alternative to plastic microbeads!! This smells amazing and is super afforable! Save the fishies!

Best, Heleni S Daly

Heleni Daly

Simmons '21

Heleni is an undergraduate sophomore at Simmons University studying Economics and English. She also runs a small sustainable fashion brand which can be found @Cherrycousa.