This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

1. Wear workout clothes to class.

By wearing your workout clothes to class, you don’t even have to worry about the hassle of going back to your room and changing after you get out of your last class. You can just head straight to the gym! This saves time and makes it less likely for you to avoid going. You can buy super cute workout clothes at your local Marshalls or Old Navy! 

Image Source

2. Keep healthy snacks in your room/ bring snacks to class.

I don’t know about you but it can be very hard not having a kitchen as a underclassman. Therefore, I find it very helpful to keep some fruit and veggies in my mini fridge. Just in case I get those late night munchies, I have healthy snacks to munch on. Some of my other favorites I always keep stocked up on are mixed nuts, granola bars, dried fruit and peanut butter. Quick and easy to eat items like these make it easy to get a quick fix for my cravings. Also, in order to avoid getting overly hungry and eating a ton when you finally get to the dining hall, have a couple of readily available snacks that you can eat in class.

Image Source

3. Don’t keep those high caloric chips and candy in your snack bin.

I find not having junk food available keeps me from eating them. If I don’t have them I can’t eat them, even when I’m craving them. Instead, I can eat one of my granola bars or some fruits and veggies. If I’m ever craving something salty I like to keep healthier options around, such as bean chips rather than regular potato chips. Also, I find that fruit does the trick when I have that sweet tooth come on. 

Image Source

4. Use exercise to fight cravings.

I find when I am sitting around in my room for awhile, I’ll get hunger cravings when I’m not actually hungry. I usually can go to the gym and then, afterward, those cravings will be gone.

Image Source

5. Start each meal with a salad.

Often, eating a salad will fill you up enough and you will no longer be craving that slice of pizza. 

Image Source

6. Get a workout buddy. 

Planning a time to go with a friend can convince the procrastinators like me to go because you can’t bail on going once you made the plan with your friend.

Image Source

7. Join a club sport.

If you’re not already on a team in college, joining a club sport can be very helpful in staying fit. Having routine practices and meetings makes it harder to skip workouts.

Image Source

8. Plan your workouts ahead of time.

Having a plan helps avoid getting to the gym and standing around not knowing what to do. Creating a workout out ahead of time makes it easier to get in and get out and get back to the tons of studying you probably have. 

Image Source

9. Take the stairs.

I know that elevator can be tempting after a long day or late night study sessions, but taking advantage of the stairs is a good way to get some exercise in. 

Image Source

10. Buy a refillable water bottle.

Drinking water is essential to being healthy. Having a water bottle always on hand makes it easier to avoid getting dehydrated by forgetting to drink while moving from class to class.

Image Source

These are just a few of the tips that I find to be the most effective for me personally. I hope they are able to help you too! HCXO

Psychology major with a biology minor at Siena College. Graduating in 2019. All things food, photography, fashion, and travel. Studying abroad Spring 2018.