This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Whether you’re lending money to your friends, trying to stay healthy, or need to type a paper on-the-go, these 12 apps will help you succeed as a college student, no matter where you go!

1. GET

Image Source

GET allows students to see the balance on their school’s dining dollar or bonus point account, as well as how many remaining meal swipes one has for the rest of the week/semester.

2. Corq

Image Source

Corq allows students to see most activities on campus. For Siena College, it lists some club meetings, school-wide events and athletic games as well as their locations.

3. Spotify

Image Source

College students everywhere use music to study with, workout to, sing along to, cry to, de-stress with and walk to class with. A majority of college students decide to scrape up $4.99 and a music taste to enjoy a Spotify premium membership. With this membership comes unlimited skips and access to an extensive virtual music library. Spotify Premium members also enjoy the ability to create and download playlists onto any device. Recently, Spotify also added a basic Hulu membership to this plan, and students enjoy that during their downtime as well.

4. Netflix

Image Source

To be a college student is to procrastinate, and nothing says procrastination more than Netflix! Netflix provides customers with millions of shows, movies, and videos to enjoy on any device. With many original series and additional material, there’s something for everyone on Netflix!

5. Venmo

Image Source

Venmo is the ultimate “can I pay you back?” solution. As college students, it is common to not have cash or your card on you all the time. When hopping in an Uber or grabbing food off campus the phrase, “Can I Venmo you?” is commonly asked, in the absence of physical funds. To Venmo someone is to virtually send cash through the app to someone else’s bank account, alleviating a debt that may form between you and your friends as you pay each other favors.

6. Google Docs

Image Source

Everyone has those moments where they find a spark of inspiration, or they waited too long to start an essay and need to furiously type out the rest of the assignment. Whatever situation one finds themselves in, having the Google Docs app on one’s phone is useful especially for school work and club documents.

7. Blackboard

Image Source

Need to check what assignments your professor posted for homework? With the Blackboard app on your phone, this is no problem. At the press of a button, your grades, assignments and syllabuses are all available to check on-the-go, a feature that is perfect for the college lifestyle.

8. Uber

Image Source

There’s only so few parking spaces on campus for residents to park their cars and so many fun places off-campus to explore! Having the Uber app ensures relatively low-cost and safe rides to and from a given location for you and your friends to utilize!

9. Amtrak

Image Source

Traveling home from college also poses a challenge without a car on campus. Amtrak is a system of passenger trains and buses that travel to locations all over America. The Amtrak App allows users to possess virtual tickets and travel updates along their route, or even book or cancel trips with ease.

10. Group Me

Image Source

Many clubs and organizations on campus are likely to use Group Me as a mode of communication for its members. By making an account and downloading the app, users can “text” in groups or one-on-one. This helps students stay in touch and on top of club meetings and events regardless of their iPhone or Android status.

11. The New York Times

Image Source

Although print journalism is a declining industry, staying on top of world news as an active citizen is imperative. With this resource, users will be able to keep in touch with the world outside of their college experience, and also have topics to bring up at the Thanksgiving table.

12. Plant Nanny

Image Source

One of the keys to maintaining a healthy lifestyle is drinking an appropriate amount of water. Benefits to this can be clearer skin, reduced fatigue, healthy digestion, energized muscles, strengthened concentration skills, controlled calories, and regulated body fluids. An app that reminds students to drink the right amount of water while also being fun is called Plant Nanny. App users can choose the amount of water they are drinking and give the same to a virtual plant. When the app user is not drinking enough water, the plant wilts and its condition worsens.

Thumbnail Image Source

Kiera Mitru is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, Kiera studied English.