This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

It’s that time of year again for many college students—midterms. If you’re anything like me, you tend to hole up in your room for days at a time and do nothing but study and stress out.

However, I realized that this wasn’t healthy!

Here are some self-care tips and fun things to do for when you are feeling blue:

1. Do a face mask

Because who doesn’t love a good face mask to unwind?!

2. Exercise

The thought of going on a long run or lifting weights isn’t the most appealing idea to many college students, but there are several ways to get that blood pumping. My personal favorite is going for a swim. When I’m in the water I forget about everything stressful and just relax. You just have to find out how you like to exercise. Whether that be a dance battle with friends, playing tennis, or shooting hoops (even if you’re not the best at basketball), have fun with it!

3. Get a massage (if you’re really feeling fancy)

I can’t be the only one who loves getting a massage. I can literally feel the tension and stress leaving my body. This one can be a bit expensive, but don’t worry! You can schedule an appointment for a 30 minute massage session for $27 with SFA’s very own massage therapist at the Rec.

4. Have a Disney move night with your closest friends

Get your closest girlfriends together and just have a Disney movie marathon. Grab some popcorn, candy and soda and binge watch some of Disney’s greatest. I also highly recommend Treasure Planet (my FAVE) because who doesn’t love this face?!

5. Remember that you got this!

As overwhelmed as you may seem with all the assignments, tests, and other commitments that you have, remember that you can handle anything thrown your way. Stay motivated and study hard. You’ll be glad you did!

Brittany Malone is a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University where she is majoring in Psychology and is on a pre-med track. In her free time, Brittany enjoys reading books, writing stories, and obsessing over Treasure Planet.