This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

What a beautiful bird

Such vibrant feathers 

And a melodious song 

From her heart’s desires

But too afraid to fly 

She has seen the other birds

Fall to their graves

And now she is afraid to fall

So afraid to fall

She could never soar

Though she dreams of the breeze

Through her feathers 

Though she dreams of the view from below

The flightless tell her not to go

She sits in her tree

Looking at the birds that soar

Dreaming of what could be 

Saying

Oh how I wish that could be me

If she were to leap 

She’d surely fall

So she will never feel the breeze 

Through her feathers 

And she’ll never see the view from below

She too won’t go.

Hi, my name is Alayna I love writing short stories and poetry. My favorite color is pink and I truly believe we should break out into song whenever we feel like a musical.
Hello, my name is Sa Maria Boyd. I am a Louisiana native raised in the beautiful city of Fort Worth, Texas. I am a really fun person ( at least I'd like to think). I graduated high school in 2015 from the wonderful Western Hills High School. In my four years there, I was apart of the Color Guard, Key Club, Senior Board, My goal is to travel the world and learn about different cultures so that I can help the world become more unified. I am currently attending Stephen F. Austin State University where I will be receiving my Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communications with a minor in Psychology in May of 2019. While I have been in school, I have held the positions of Social Media Director/Vice President for Her Campus SFA, and Vice President for the 6812 Chapter of the NAACP. I have also worked on the Crew, the television production organization for the Mass Communications department, KSAU 90.1--The Axe, and all three shows for SFA TV2.