Life Hacks for Waking Up on the Bright Side

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

I think it’s safe to say that college can be a bit overwhelming. With all the things that might be going through your mind the night before having to wake up for another day of classes, you may wake up wanting to crawl right back into bed. But not to worry, here are some times to help you start your day a on the bright side.

Photo by LaShauna Bell

• Go for a nice run
  • Say your morning prayers or do some morning meditations
  • Take a warm shower/bath (preferably bubbly) before hitting the sheets
  • Listen to motivational music/speeches while getting ready for your day
  • If you’ve had a rough day try watching your favorite show/jam to your favorite playlist
  • Make sure to unplug at least 30 minutes to an hour before bed
  • Get some motivational pillows or posters for you to look at every morning
  • Try to make it to bed early so that you won’t be so tired waking up the next morning
  • Think of things that you’re thankful for or excited about on this new day. You could even write it all down in a journal every morning

“Fake a smile: in other words, fake it till you make it! If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” –Elon Musk.

Beginning the day with a positive mindset can help to brighten up your entire day, and it can also help you to function better. Hopefully with these tips you’ll start beginning to see the bright side of every morning, even in the face of that six page essay due in three days. 

Joy Meregini is currently a student at Stephen F. Austin State University, majoring in Psychology and is on the pre-med track. She is a writer for HerCampus SFA. Joy believes that being a psychology major allows her to focus on people, and how to reach and understand them, which inspires her writing. Joy is a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Joy holds an Associates from Tyler Junior College. During her down time she enjoys watching, and sobbing over episodes of This Is Us, and she is forever trying to learn a new language (still hasn’t).
Andrea Gallier is a Journalism major and Dance minor at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas. Her passions include: dancing, traveling, hiking, backpacking, camping, The Walking Dead, and (of course) writing. Andrea sailed with Semester at Sea in Spring 2016 and is an aspiring travel writer. She has also worked as a contributing writer at The Pine Log at SFA and is a member of Dimensions Contemporary Ballet, a dance company in Nacogdoches. Website: http://andreagallier.wixsite.com/portfolio Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: @andreagallier