This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Now, I’m certainly not a doctor but in my almost 21 years of life, I have picked up on a couple of tricks to keep myself out of the hospital. With that being said, here are four universal tips to maintain a healthy you.

1. Drink Your Water

I know you’re tired of hearing it, but honestly, I’m tired of saying it. Hydration is key to MOST things in life. Tired? Drink some water. UTI? Drink some water (and take your meds). Dry mouth? Water, water, water.

2. Find an Assortment of Vitamins That Work for You

Even if it’s just the Flintstone vitamins, they’re better than not taking any. We’re all lacking a little something, so why deprive our bodies of their total nutrients?

3. Moisturize!

Y’all. This is not just some “silly step” in a woman’s routine. EVERYONE should be putting moisturizer and sunscreen on their face at least once a day. Why are y’all so proud of having PURPOSELY dry skin? Please treat yourself to a nice moisturizer that pairs with your skin type. Please.

4. Touch Grass

Literally. It is so important to go out and be in nature. Take a hike in the woods, go to the beach, or lie in a hammock in the backyard. Sometimes we spend too much time inside, curled over our laptops, ruining our backs and necks in a pitch-black room and it’s nice to just stretch out and breathe in some sunlight. Go grab yourself a snack, a book, and your favorite beverage and go relax outside.

//Black Lives Matter//Gemini Sun//Aries Moon//Sagittarius Rising//English Major//Loves Sir Elton John, Janis Joplin, and most variations of chips and dip//