This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

You know the feeling – you’re at Chuy’s and the waiter brings forth the chips and salsa. Your mouth begins to water, you know what’s coming. They place the Holy Grail of salsa in front of you – the creamy jalapeño. Your eyes grow wide as you quickly grab a chip. You dip the chip in the creamy jalapeño sauce and get the perfect amount on there as you slowly bring the chip to your mouth. Once the salsa touches your taste buds, fireworks of flavor explode in your mouth. Ah, to be able to have some of that right now. Well, what if I told you could recreate this sensation whenever you wanted? That’s right, folks – I have the recipe for this stupendous salsa and I’m here to share it with all of you (you can thank me later).

Photo courtesy of Taylor Thomas

Ingredients

• 1 cup of real mayonnaise 
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • (1) 4 oz. can of chopped green jalapeños (you can half this if you want to turn down the heat)
  • (1) 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles 
  • 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
  • (1) 1 oz. packet of dry ranch dressing mix
  • ½ teaspoon minced garlic

Instructions

• Place all of the ingredients in a blender
  • Blend until smooth and completely mixed
  • Enjoy!

I’ve made this for my friends multiple times and they keep begging me to make it at every event we have. This is a perfect addition to any party or gathering or taco night. Plus, with Cinco de Mayo coming up, this dish will make your party irresistible. So, again, you’re welcome for sharing this secret – enjoy! 

My name is Haley Garrelts and I'm an English major with a double minor Spanish and Linguistics at SFA! I love to write and read and Her Campus is awesome!
Hello, my name is Sa Maria Boyd. I am a Louisiana native raised in the beautiful city of Fort Worth, Texas. I am a really fun person ( at least I'd like to think). I graduated high school in 2015 from the wonderful Western Hills High School. In my four years there, I was apart of the Color Guard, Key Club, Senior Board, My goal is to travel the world and learn about different cultures so that I can help the world become more unified. I am currently attending Stephen F. Austin State University where I will be receiving my Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communications with a minor in Psychology in May of 2019. While I have been in school, I have held the positions of Social Media Director/Vice President for Her Campus SFA, and Vice President for the 6812 Chapter of the NAACP. I have also worked on the Crew, the television production organization for the Mass Communications department, KSAU 90.1--The Axe, and all three shows for SFA TV2.