books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

How to Deal with Getting a Bad Grade in College ?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

1. Understand the Feedback

In order to get over your grade, it is best to understand why you got it. Whether it means going to office hours or looking over the test corrections. Once you understand your mistakes, plan for how you are going to do better next time!

2. Take a little homework break!

Do a face mask, watch a classic movie, or hang out with friends to get your mind off things. Remember: this grade will not define you!

3. Make a plan

Now that you understand why you got the grade you did, make a solid plan to guarantee you do better next time! This may include studying in a different way or trying to participate in a study group!

4. BREATHE

It is just a grade and you will do better next time with hard work! You got this. Just believe that and it will all work out!

Emily Forde

Seton Hall '22

Emily is a sophomore at Seton Hall University where she is a Biology major. When she is not doing homework or writing for Her Campus, she loves to hang out with friends and be active on campus. Emily also loves outdoorsy things, shopping, and her dog, Izzy.
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.