kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Four Ways to Motivate Yourself to Go to the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

For one reason or another, working out is a hard thing for the average american to do on a regular basis. People usually ask me how to make it fun. Here’s what helps me make it through a week at the gym:

I go with a friend:
Sometimes it’s hard to have the motivation to get yourself to the gym. But when you find the right gym buddy, you’ll want to go to keep up with them. Neither one of you will want to be the one to say you’re not going to go that day, so it keeps you both roped into it. Another perk of going to the gym with a friend is that it distracts me from my workout. We usually do cardio for the first 30 minutes of our workout. Running can be annoying, but it goes by a lot faster when talking to a friend!

Have an upbeat playlist:
There are only a select number of songs that get me through my run. Here are some of the ones I listen to currently:
Call On Me (ryan Riback remix) by Starley
All Night (ft. Knox Fortune by Chance the Rapper
Cheerleader by Omi
Danza Kuduro by Don Oar and Lucenzo
If It Ain’t Love by Jason Derulo
Me Too by Meghan Trainor
Pompeii by Bastille
Rabbit Hole by Blink 182
Sex by Cheat Codes and Kris Kross Amsterdam
Shut up and Dance by Walk the Moon

Go at obscure hours:
I usually work out very early in the morning or very late night at night. This way I never have to wait for a machine and I can do my workout quickly and in one flow. It’s less frustrating this way and more enjoyable. Also, if less people are there it is easier to try new machines, which (see below) can help keep you interested.

Switch up your workouts:
I suggest switching up your workouts from day to day. Not only will it help you stay sane, but working out different muscles is good for your body!

Public relations major, bussiness admin and web design minor, knowledge lover, ring wearer, water drinker, Jersey raised.  Can be found upside down on a yoga mat, walking my dog, snapping photos, or laughing with friends. XO, namaste!