Mental Health

A Little Positive Thinking

Positive thoughts are empowering and positive thinking comes from within! You have a choice to make. Do you want to live in sunshine or darkness? Do you want to look at the glass half full or half empty?

Thinking positively changes your outlook and the course of your day. If you think something is going to be hard or challenging then it probably will be. But, if you believe you can do something, then you’ll be able to. Positive thoughts results in positive actions and can help you crush your goals. Your attitude can change for the better, your mood can be boosted, and you can be overall happier.

But positive thinking isn’t just rainbows and butterflies, negative thoughts can creep in, you may feel discouraged at times, or face difficult situations. You can feel saddened or be angry, but it’s important to realize these negative feelings do not define you. You define you. You dictate your happiness. Whatever negative thought that is trying to make its way into your mind is not nearly as important or significant as all the things that you are thankful for or make you happy. It’s important to not let insignificant issues get in the way of your happiness! So take a deep breath, release your negative thoughts, and attempt to be optimistic about the situation.

Logan Aitken is a second year student majoring in food and nutrition at San Diego State. She is passionate about health and fitness, and started her own health and wellness instagram account (@livinglolo_). She enjoys taking everyday, classic recipes and reinventing them with her own healthy twist. She is also an educator at Lululemon. She loves living a fast-paced active lifestyle, but when she has a moment of down time, you will always find her at the beach.