This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Let’s be honest, I’ve definitely gained some pounds from being home during this quarantine. Between completing projects for school, and coping with everything, I haven’t made time to take care of myself.

After browsing through YouTube, I was able to find some channels that have fun 30-minute workout sessions to help me stay fit at home. I love these female YouTubers because they motivate me to stay pumped throughout the whole workout, while making me feel as though they are my workout buddies. 

Here are a few of the workouts that I’ve tried at home, and I hope you like them as much as I do too!

Natacha Océane

If you need a quick fix, Natacha is the girl for you. She’s been uploading so many different types of workouts from HIIT to full body. She also makes it accessible for those who are at home and don’t have any equipment. 

MadFit

What I love about Maddie is that she creates a whole workout around a pop song. You won’t even know you’re working out because if you’re anything like me, you’ll just sing along and forget what you’re doing. Her goal is to help inspire everyone at all fitness levels to get up and get moving, which shows through the videos she makes.

Chloe Ting

Due to the quarantine, Chloe creates workout challenges for you to do at home. She posts these challenges on her website: https://www.chloeting.com/program/ For those of you who want to track your progress and stick to schedule, this channel is for you. What I find to be unique about her YouTube channel, is that she will sometimes do live workouts. So, you can really feel like you’re working out with her. 

Blogilates

Cassey Ho is well known for combining pop music and Pilates to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Her workouts definitely have me struggling, but it feels so good. (P.S. If you go on her website, she has free printable fitness planners and more challenges.) 

After a good sweat session, don’t forget to treat yourself in other ways too. Like put on a face mask, paint your nails or have a dance break in your room. Until next time, stay safe and stay fit!

Ashna Patel

Scranton '21

Sophomore Exercise Science Major at The University of Scranton