etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Last Minute Thoughts the Week Before Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It’s the week before senior year Spring Break.  You have been patiently waiting for this since you were a lowly first-year, and the time has finally arrived.  But remember when you said you would start working out in December, and now it’s March?  Did you even check to see if you remember where you put your bikinis from last summer?  Despite all the freaking out prior to your plane ride to Punta Cana, Cancun, etc., keep in mind that this is one of your ‘last hoorahs’ before the best four years of your life are finally up.

Sunday: Parade Day was great, but there is absolutely no way I am moving from my bed and going to the gym.  Lets just stay in, order food, and watch a movie.  Spring break prep starts tomorrow…

Monday: I am going to make this the most productive week!  Gym and POD salads every day!

Tuesday: My bikinis finally came in!!!… Goes tanning instead of TNS.

Wednesday: Why the hell did I eat that Chinese food Sunday night, I hate myself… Goes to the gym for two hours, grabs some celery and hot sauce for dinner.

Thursday: HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!  Round Two!! Green bagels and beer for everyone!!

Friday: I don’t fit into my bathing suits.  I want my money back.  I don’t want to go anymore.

Saturday:  What color mani/pedi do I get? Did I over-pack?  Do I sleep the night before my flight or go out with my friends from home?  I’m so nervous. This is going to be an absolute sh*t show.

Sunday: Every negative thought in your mind goes out the window.  You are beyond excited to spend the next week with your absolute best friends on the beach, making memories… You know this will be one of the best times of your life. Cheers!

Julia Troost is a born and raised New Yorker, which comes as no shock once you hear her accent. She is a current senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Occupational Therapy with a minor in Psychology. Having a love for writing and fashion from a young age, HerScranton allows Julia to take a break from the sciences and embody her inner Carrie Bradshaw (circa late 2004). You’ll never see her without a smile on her face or yelling at people to “be optimistic!” Julia looks forward to completing her clinicals at prestigious NYC hospitals, and ultimately working with war veterans.
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_