Wellness

How I Feel About Certain Fidgets with Little to No Explanation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

As an education major who has spent well over 200+ hours in the classroom with students, I’ve come across many of these. I’ve had students utilizing Kickbands, chewable sensory necklaces, fidget tracks, mesh and marble sensory toys, snake cube twists, and so much more. I’ve rarely had any issues with these fidgets being used in the classroom setting and absolutely support whatever a student or individual needs to get by and keep themselves entertained and happy. I have also used some myself to manage my ADHD and anxiety, so I’m right beside my students checking out all the new fidgets.

So, without further ado, here is my wonderful list with a little help from the TikTok audio.

Fidget Caterpillars/Slugs: Yes

Sensory Squish Balls: Yes

Fidget Spinner: Absolutely not

Pop Fidget: For me, this one is 50/50

Bike Chain Fidget: 100% no

Kickbands: Yes, and I don’t care that it’s impractical

Stretchy String Fidgets: I hate these

Pop Tubes: I think I might hate this even more

Sensory Strips: Yes of course

Fidget Cubes: No

Mochi Squish: Yes, I’ve grown really fond of this

Fidget Ball: Surprisingly, I actually like this.

Did you know all the fidgets on this list? Have you used any? Have you found any helpful? Stores like Five Below, Walmart, and Dollar Tree have many of these fidgets for an affordable price if you want to try any out. So next time you are stressing out and finding yourself unable to focus on that paper or project, whip out a fidget and give it a whirl. Trust me, you won’t regret it!

I am an Early and Primary Childhood Education Major who loves to bake and paint. I also love writing books in my spare time.