How to Guide for Surviving Finals

My freshman year of college, I found myself stressing over exams to the point where I would lock myself in my room and stay up all night studying. This was an unhealthy habit!It took me failing a college exam to realize that I needed to change my study habits. This year I became a Peer Health Educator and learned a lot about taking care of myself both mentally and physically. Here are a few tips for you to make the most out of your studying. 

1. 1. Take a Break 

There is a point of studying too much.Take short breaks often to prevent mental burnout. Get up and drink some water. Or watch a short video. I like to do face masks and listen to music. 

2. 2. Sleep

Staying up all night is not going to help your grade. It is found that getting a good night’s sleep helps us to remember information better and longer than if we cram and stay awake all hours of the night. I make an effort to go to bed no later than one in the morning when I have an important test the next day. Try to get no less than 7 hours of sleep!

3. 3. Take care of your body 

Remember to fuel your body with nutritious foods and stay hydrated. Go to the gym or an exercise class. Taking care of yourself physically will take care of your mind.