This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

My freshman year of college, I found myself stressing over exams to the point where I would lock myself in my room and stay up all night studying. This was an unhealthy habit!It took me failing a college exam to realize that I needed to change my study habits. This year I became a Peer Health Educator and learned a lot about taking care of myself both mentally and physically. Here are a few tips for you to make the most out of your studying. 

Take a Break 

There is a point of studying too much.Take short breaks often to prevent mental burnout. Get up and drink some water. Or watch a short video. I like to do face masks and listen to music. 

Sleep

Staying up all night is not going to help your grade. It is found that getting a good night’s sleep helps us to remember information better and longer than if we cram and stay awake all hours of the night. I make an effort to go to bed no later than one in the morning when I have an important test the next day. Try to get no less than 7 hours of sleep!

Take care of your body 

Remember to fuel your body with nutritious foods and stay hydrated. Go to the gym or an exercise class. Taking care of yourself physically will take care of your mind.

Anna Haber

Scranton '22

Hi my name is Anna I find my happiness in DIY projects and fun recipes. When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine.
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.