This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

While most college students don’t know where to start when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, Brianna Brinkley is living and breathing the facts—she is truly the active queen!

The journey to a healthy lifestyle has become a difficult task for most Americans in the last decade, but Brianna has it down pat. Brianna is always finding new ways to stay fit while simultaneously balancing a busy schedule of a full-time SCAD student.

Name: Brianna Brinkley

Hometown: Salisbury, NC

Year: Junior

Major: Fashion Design

Which field of fashion are you most passionate about?

BB: Activewear is my main focus. Staying healthy is very important to me and as a fashion student it’s key to be stylish while keeping active. After graduation, I hope to work with Under Amour.

How did you become so passionate about living such a healthy lifestyle and staying active?

BB: My mom influences my healthy lifestyle. She has worked to keep my family healthy and fit so that we “live a longer life together”. I’ve always been active—whether I was cheerleading or playing soccer. When I came to SCAD I started running and lifting weights. By the end of this year I would love to be running my first half marathon!

A lot of students come to college and gain the “Freshman 15”. What’s some advice you would give to fellow students on how to be healthy:

BB: I understand that it’s fast and convenient to eat out, but eating clean is such a key to staying healthy—fresh is best. A good balance of healthy eating, exercise and a strong mindset will help in the long run. It’s okay to satisfy a craving, but try to stay away from packaged food. Making smart food choices and having a strong support group will keep you determined.

What’s an easy workout for people who want to live a healthier lifestyle?

BB: Cardio is the most important but you also have to switch things up every now and then so your body doesn’t get too comfortable with the workout. Jump roping and biking are two exercises that you can easily add to your day to get your heart moving. Also remember to always drink plenty of water—I constantly have a bottle at my fingertips.

Do you have one last piece of advice for us hopeful health nuts?

BB: Don’t force being healthy—it’s going to be difficult at first but soon it will become natural. Just remember that living healthy isn’t a phase, it’s a lifestyle.