First Year Fun with Ava Bianchi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Hometown: Novi, Michigan

Major: Finance

Favorite food: My grandma’s homemade ambrosia salad 

Dream vacation: A trip to Italy

Current favorite song: Turn Off the Radio // A Day to Remember Her Campus: What is something that coming into college you’ve since learned but didn’t expect? 

Ava Bianchi: Everyone is extremely friendly, and it’s a lot easier to make friends than I thought it was going to be.

HC: Any advice to first year student athletes? 

AB: Plan out when you’re going to do your study hall hours (and homework) so that you’re not struggling to cram it in at the last second!

HC: What made you want to swim in college? 

AB: I remember one of the seniors on my freshman high school swim team, Andrea was super excited about committing to swim for Western Kentucky University. She was someone I really looked up to and inspired me to continue doing what I love.

HC: Are you looking forward to the next couple years of swimming?

AB: Yes! I think our team has an opportunity to learn from this year and improve greatly in the upcoming years.

HC: What’s something you wish people understood about swimming? 

AB: That it’s a huge time commitment, and though it may be very difficult, it’s an extremely rewarding sport, and you’ll meet some of the best people through it.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Bonas? 

AB: Definitely the swim team, and that I get to spend pretty much every day with them.

I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.