How Do you cater to your mind, body, and soul daily?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

When you look into the mirror, listen to the way people around you describe you, hear your own
thoughts or even see your actions do they reflect the individual you are. How do the things you
do every day reflect in your personal life? Do they have any effect at all? These are all questions
I asked myself as they repeatedly played in my mind during the time, I found myself first
growing as a person. It came down to me just wanting a better life for myself and I found that
through the trivial things like the first thing I do when I wake up, how I think throughout the day,
what type of music I play in the car, that would make such a difference in my perception and
lifestyle. Today this question brings me to a point of reflection in my current life. Below is my
journal guide of how I cater to my body, mind, and soul daily. I challenge all women who are
reading this right now to sit, think and write down how you cater to your mind, body, and soul
daily. Remember you will be spending the rest of yourself, so make sure you are taking care of
yourself like your life depends on it.

Listening to music is one thing I do daily that caters to my mind. I have several different playlists
which were made for the different moods I get in each day. When I need to relax, I have a
playlist for that. My relaxation playlist helps me sleep on restless nights, eases my clouded mind,
and calms my nerves when I am upset. Without listening to music, I do not know how I would
get through life. I used to keep my headphones in my headphones 24/7 when I was in high
school and while that may not have been the best thing to do, I loved music and the constant joy
it gave me. I discovered by studying myself that music is my dearest comfort, and it makes me
happy.

Recently I began going to the gym with my friends and I am finally starting to feel a change in
my weight. I have always wanted to work out and become better with my physical health, yet I
always struggled with getting into working out. I love being able to surround myself with people
who are serious and dedicated to working out because it helps motivate me. Having a friend
there to push you and force you to get up and go to the gym is support beyond love. This has
helped me not only feel better but look better and form a daily habit catering to my body and
health.

Honestly everyday what makes my soul happiest is prayer and the words of God. Praying when I
first wake up and every night before I go to sleep is the only way I can start and end my day.
This caters to my soul, and it is something small that really changes my perception of life.

Sierra Norwood

Savannah '24

Welcome to my personal diary! Follow @theartist.si on Instagram for more creative content ;)