Life > Experiences

Ways to show gratitude this holiday season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.
  1. Write thank you notes to any important people in your life. This is an easy way to make those around you feel appreciated and smile. Sometimes life can get super chaotic, and we forget to say simple things like thank you and show gratitude.
  2. Get small but meaningful gifts for those around you. It can often be difficult to get the right words out so a gift can be an easier way to get feelings across. It is also important to note that gifts don’t have to be bought and can also be made.
  3. Try and compliment a certain number of people each day for the rest of the month. This can help routine habits and make them a more common occurrence in your life. This is also important because it helps us get out of our comfort zones by complimenting strangers.
  4. Find out what the people in your life like to do and try out some of the things. By showing interest in things the people in your life enjoy doing this is also showing a different type of gratitude. This can also make people’s day by allowing them to share things they are passionate about.
  5. Lastly, it is important to remember that we need to give ourselves gratitude. Appreciating those around us is important but we can’t fully do that until we learn to show appreciation to ourselves. Daily affirmations and bulletin boards around the house can help make this more comfortable.
Kayla Devine is a social media exec board member and helps run the TikTok page at HC @ SAU. Beyond HC, Kayla is involved in campus clubs like SAAT and Enactus. She also works at a bowling alley. Kayla is majoring in business management and marketing, with minors in communications and art history. In her free time, Kayla likes to bowl and cook. A fun fact about Kayla is that she is an only child.