Screen Shot 2020 03 23 at 102947 AM?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Screen Shot 2020 03 23 at 102947 AM?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hallmark
Life > Experiences

The Month of Gratitude

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

As the month of November, (otherwise known as the month of gratitude), comes to an end, I like to sit back and reflect over the things that I am grateful for. Like others, my life comes with many hardships and challenges, but with those, good things also come. I like to think of myself as being positive and grateful for the small things that I do have. It’s what motivates me to get up every morning. Today, I wanted to share some of the things I am grateful for this past year. 

Firstly, I am grateful for the amazing job I had this last summer. I worked at a summer camp for 8 weeks with 2nd to 12th graders. Everyday was an adventure where I was able to learn just as much as them. I had some amazing coworkers that I was able to become great friends with. The memories I was able to make over the summer are memories that I am going to cherish forever.

Next, I am grateful for the ability to attend St. Ambrose University. When applying for colleges, I had no clue what I was looking for. I was thrilled to get into St. Ambrose. I knew that wherever I chose to go had to feel like home, which St. Ambrose felt like the moment I stepped foot onto campus. I am so happy that I chose to come here. 

Additionally, I am so grateful for all the friends I have made here on campus. I did not think that I would be able to make friends so easily. But with joining the Bible Study on campus, I was able to make so many friends. I also was able to make so many friends on the swim team. I did not think I would, but everyone on the team is so amazing and caring. I have had so many fun game nights and late talks with them. The friendships I have made have helped make college easier for me. 

Lastly, I am grateful for all those people from home that have helped me. My friends and I still talk to each other and share stories that have happened since the last time we talked. I am grateful for my parents because they support me with whatever I choose to do. I am thankful for all the teachers from back home that have helped me get through my final year of high school. 

This year has been a lot of ups and downs. But I am so grateful for those good moments and the friends I have made. I know that wherever my life takes me in the future, that I have these moments and people that I am thankful for. 

Sarah is a writer at HC at St. Ambrose University. Beyond HC, Sarah is involved in Campus Ministry, Swim and Dive, Quercus, and Honors Program. Sarah is majoring in Elementary Education with endorsements in middle school and special education. In her free time, Sarah likes to read, go on walks, sleep, and go camping. A fun fact about Sarah is that she was born without part of her left knee.