Mary & Piper Grad Photo
Mary & Piper Grad Photo
Photo by Veronica Alfred
Culture > News

Goodbye Fall ’22 Grads

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

With commencement coming around the corner we are saying goodbye to two members as they graduate. These girls contributed so much to our chapter and will be missed. I have the great privilege of calling these them my friends and I have also been lucky enough to have both of them as my roommates for the last two to three years. Let me introduce/say goodbye to them as they move on to the next chapter of their lives. Here are the two lovely souls that are graduating on December 17, 2022!

Mary & Piper Grad Photo
Photo by Veronica Alfred

Mary Allgood(They/Them)

Has been my roommate for three years and they have taught me so much. Mary is a ball of energy that keeps you on your toes. They gives it to you straight and tells you the things you may not want to hear but you definitely need to. My favorite memory of Mary is going to be attending PRIDE Fest with them and Piper. Mary isn’t afraid to be who they are and that is such a special thing. Mary drives me insane some days or makes me feel like I am crazy but I wouldn’t trade any minute of it. Mary is a second year member. They are majoring in Psychology and starting the graduate program for Occupational Therapy at SAU so they will be here and able to be with us. Mary is also a member of PRISM. Mary is the HC @ SAU 2021 Writer of the Year for their articles involving the LGBTQ+ community. Mary will be graduating cum laude, congrats on all your achievements!

Mary Grad Photo
Photo by Veronica Alfred

Piper Denny(She/Her)

Has been my roommate for two years and she has been my partner in crime. Piper has been the person to keep me sane when things have been crazy. Words cannot describe how much I am going to miss Piper and our shenanigans or just being able to walk 10 feet from my bedroom to hers and tell her the latest thought that has run through my head that is sure to make us laugh or for her to tell me that I am insane. My favorite memory with Piper is too hard to pick just one but they all have the same things going on which is someone doing something dumb or ridiculous which leads to laughter and smiles and ends with something neither of us will ever forget. I have found someone who is literally my other half. I know saying goodbye is going to be so hard but I am so proud of this amazing woman and how much I have seen her grow in the last year and a half.  Piper is a second year member and has been on our executive board for a year and a half. She jumped to the executive board to become an editor when our current editorial members decided that they were too busy and didn’t tell me they wouldn’t continue. Piper came in with Cassie and helped make the editorial team move smoothly again and I am so grateful for her.  She is one of our Senior Editors. She is majoring in Forensic Psychology with minors in Criminal Justice and Sociology. Piper is also involved in SAAT, STEP, Bee Connected and is a Sexual Assault Advocate on campus. Piper has also been a Campus Trendsetter within Her Campus. Piper is the HC @ SAU 2021 Top Executive Member of the Year for all the hard work she has put in when jumping into the editorial role when we needed editors. Piper will be graduating with the highest honors Summa Cum Laude and with be wearing many honor cords.! Congrats on all your achievements.

Piper Grad Photo
Photo by Veronica Alfred

Let’s congratulate these two amazing souls on all of there hard work to get to this point and wishing them best on their endeavors in the future. I am sure we will be seeing these two doing amazing things and changing the world in their own ways. Thank you both for not just leaving an mark in my life or at our chapter or even at our school but leaving a mark everywhere you go. I am so proud of each of you and love you. HCXO, Veronica

Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.