This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.
Movie Night with the Girls 

Staying safe is the most important thing during this crazy time. It’s the perfect time to get caught up on all those Netflix movies you’ve wanted to see. Planning a movie night with the girls, instead of going out is helping you and your friends to be safe. Make some yummy snacks, create a cozy space in front of the tv, and watch away!

Tapas Dinner-College Style

I know the college meal plan does not fill the requirements of a 5 star restaurant. But… if you have a kitchen in your residence hall, small appetizer recipes are the way to go! Pick a Saturday night with your roommates and assign a recipe to each person. Then let your friends be as creative or boring as you want them to be. Let the food comas begin!

Sunset Picnic in the Park

Gather your blankets, candles, and snacks for a lovely night in nature. Pick your favorite green space in front of the perfect view! In the Quad Cities, there are plenty of Instagram worthy views to enjoy a COVID friendly dinner.

Decorate Your Space for Fall

Mask up and take a trip to your local Target, TJ Maxx, or Five Below! There are plenty of seasonal sales to splurge your $5 weekly college allowance on. Decorating seasonally makes your space from home a little homier. Plus you can never go wrong with cute pumpkins and Hocus Pocus decor!

At-Home Spa Night

Gather up your girls for a night of relaxation, rejuvenation, and most importantly, face masks, nail polish, and your favorite DIY spa recipe. And… maybe a glass of wine (if you’re of age).

I'm a sophmore at SAU, majoring in Psychology!
Her Campus at SAU