What Your Favorite Holiday Cookie Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

If I could capture the holiday season in one scent it would certainly be the smell of cookies being baked in my Mom’s kitchen. It’s that nostalgic moment of walking into the kitchen and defrosting from the frigid winter day next to the 350 degree oven. However, not every holiday cookie is the same. Although they are all made with the same love and holiday cheer, they all have their own unique taste, scents, texture, and look to them. And I believe the best way to truly get to know someone is through their holiday cookie preferences. So, here is a compiled list of what one’s favorite holiday cookie may say about their personality!

Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Cookies
Photo by Grayson Smith from Unsplash

It would be remiss of me to not include this one in my list! A person who chooses a chocolate chip cookie is one who tends to be more on the simple side of things. They are also very low-maintenance, since they are pleased with the basic (yet classic) chocolate-chip cookie! 

Snickerdoodle Cookies

Cookies Snickerdoodle
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Snickerdoodle cookies are certainly those cookies that put people in awe when you display them on your holiday cookie tray. One who fancies a snickerdoodle cookie is definitely a person who is sassy but sweet. This is due to the spicy cinnamon that adds a little spunk to the cookie. This is also the type of individual who is a “go-getter”, they like to make it known they are not just your average cookie, and they certainly are worth all of the hype!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Spoon Csu-Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Brook Buchan / Spoon

Contrary to the snickerdoodle cookies, those who love oatmeal raisin cookies are certainly the     “granola” type. It doesn’t take much to make them happy in life who love these cookies. These types of individuals are those to take “route less traveled”, which is shown from their unique cookie preferences. They also take much pride in enjoying raisins in their cookies!

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies 

Cookies on marble plate
Photo by Jennifer Pallian from Unsplash

Not to get confused with regular chocolate chip cookies, this type of cookie is a chocolate cookie with chocolate chips mixed throughout. These cookies are rich in flavor, but not too overwhelmingly sweet. If you are into the double chocolate chip cookies you certainly are the type to live easily, but indulge in all the fun things life has to offer! 

Jelly Filled Cookies (Thumbprint Cookies)

assorted cookies on a plate
Pixaby/Pexels

Although jelly filled cookies may not be the first ones everyone grabs for at dessert time, they certainly are unique and tasty in their own way! These cookies are simplistic, but the jelly makes them different from your average cookie. They may be the type of cookies your grandparents may love, which captures what kind of individual who loves these cookies. If you’re a thumbprint cookie lover you are definitely not the basic type. You may consider yourself an “old soul”, or one who enjoys traditions! 

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)