danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Managing an Internship, Second Job & College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Everyone’s college experience is different. Some students don’t have to work a single hour during their four years at college, while others have to find a job or even two. Having a job or an internship (or even both) while taking five college courses can be challenging – I know from experience! Here are some helpful tips to keep your cool while being busy!

1. Get organized.

Having a planner or a calendar where you can write out your daily tasks and assignments as well as your schedule will be extremely beneficial. Plus, who doesn’t love a super cute planner?!

2. Set your routine.

If you are someone who works out, it is important to set aside several hours during the week to workout. Usually this will be easier to do in the morning or at night. The same goes for your homework! Stay on top of your homework so that you don’t fall behind. It is also important to give yourself plenty of time for your commute. Always plan on arriving early so that you are never late: no matter what happens.

3. In order to keep up with your schedule you are going to need to fuel your body with some essentials.

Grab a green drink to go and always pack some snacks to help fight your hunger. Keep a granola bar in your purse at all times, just in case. Always carry a water bottle, preferably a reusable BPA-free one, everywhere you go!

4. Coffee, coffee, coffee! 

If you don’t drink coffee, now is the time to start so you can have an extra pep in your step on your way to your killer job or internship. My reccomendation? The latte macchiato with coconut milk from Starbucks, so good!

5. Relax and enjoy the weekends!

This is your time to have fun and enjoy yourself! Hang out with friends and family and do whatever you have to do to recharge yourself for the busy week ahead.

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.