This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.
Daily Text Messages

Did you know you can subscribe to get daily text messages? I am subscribed to Dr. Courtney Tracy (@the.truth.doctor). Dr. Tracy provides daily positive, motivational, and helpful messages every day. These messages allow you to get into the right mindset.

Social Media Accounts

There are so many social media accounts with supportive, positive messages. Some of my favorite Instagram accounts include @realdepressionproject, @werenotreallystrangers, @wetheurban, @thebraincoach, @dr.kellyvincent. Scrolling past all of these accounts posts remind me to take a minute for myself, even if it is on social media.

Journaling Apps

Journaling is a great creative and emotional release. However, writing isn’t for everyone. Apps like Mood Path and Daylio make journaling easier. Journaling on your phone by typing or clicking buttons that describe your mood allow you to keep track of your emotions and feel better.

Keeping In Touch With Friends

Spending time with friends and family is something I personally rely on. But, when I am unable to see them in person, I enjoy texting and calling friends. Just talking to someone about their day or what happened on this week’s episode of The Bachelor can strongly impact my mental wellbeing.

Electronic Meditation

Meditation is versatile and can be performed differently by varying people. As long as you are focusing on your breath and silencing your thoughts you are meditating! Apps like Headspace and meditation YouTube channels such as Goodful are great resources to get started.

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)