This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

We’ve finally reached the mid-point of the semester, which is (unfortunately) also midterms season. If you find yourself feeling stressed, overwhelmed or underprepared, this article will give you some of my tricks and tips to stay relaxed while also prioritizing your mental health!

1. Make a Schedule/Set a Routine

Setting a routine is an essential way to feel prepared, and it also helps you to list out your whole day. An effective routine can help reduce stress, which can lead to better mental health, more time to relax and less anxiety. It will also help with motivation, because you’ll want to complete your routine/schedule before you wind down for the day.

2. Set Goals

Whether it be a long term or short term goal, setting one will help increase your productivity. It’s almost like a roadmap, because we are trying to reach our “destination” of completing that goal. The outcome of the goal also will make you feel more accomplished and proud.

3. Allow Yourself Time

By allowing yourself time to become prepared, whether it be studying, getting a good night’s sleep, or writing notes, it’s essential to allow yourself an amount of time that works the best for you. This will allow your stress and worry to decrease 

4. Get a Good Amount of Sleep

Sleep is a key factor to feeling prepared, so it’s important to get a healthy amount during midterms week. By getting plenty of sleep, it’ll allow you to feel more awake in the morning and well rested. Not only does it improve your mental health, but getting enough sleep also benefits your brain performance and your mood. By getting a healthy amount of sleep during midterms week, it’ll improve your performance and also allow you to feel more prepared while also reducing your stress

April Neylan

Sacred Heart '27

I'm April, and I'm an elementary education major at Sacred Heart University :)