Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Health

How to Get That Spring Break Bod!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Spring Break is right around the corner! Here’s some workouts to get you ready for whatever this fun week off entails!

island palm trees
Photo by Jose Espinal from Pexels

You don’t have to go and workout like crazy, whatever you do is something, as long as it makes you feel good!

First stop: Mentally getting ready! Your mind is a part of your body! Finish all your work so you don’t have to worry about it over break. Try attending a yoga class to not only ease any pre-travel jitters, but to become more connected with your inner self. The confidence you can build by attending yoga is really rewarding. Plus, those stretches can help with your cannon-ball jumps at the pool over break!

women doing exercises
Photo by Luis Quintero from Pexels

Next step is Physical! Here are some fun ab workouts that can throw a little confidence and some toning your way! You don’t even need any weights, you can do them right in your living room!

1. Scissors Variation: Lay on your back, lift your head and chest in a crunch position, alternate lifting your legs toward your head and grabbing them for a second hold, don’t let your legs touch the floor! Do this 10 per leg!

2. Dead Bug Variation: Lay on your back, lift your head and chest in a crunch position, lift both legs up at a 90 degree angle, alternate your legs going down towards the floor while keeping the opposite leg up, have the corresponding arm move with the leg! Do this 10 per leg!

3. Leg Pull Ins: Sit on your bum and put your arms on either side of you. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle while simultaneously crunching inward, next extend your body out without touching the floor. Do these motions 20 times!

Repeat each of these exercises 3 times!

Two Friends With Water Bottles
Her Campus Media

Finally, lifestyle! Get a good amount of sleep the week leading up to spring break, you don’t want to be overtired or cranky on your trip. Drink LOTS of water, especially if going on an airplane, hydration is key for beating jet lag. Also, don’t eat junk food or heavy, fried foods the day of your flight, go for berries, veggies, and grains! Keep hand sanitizer on you and wash your hands often while traveling!

The way to the cabin
Photo by averie woodard on Unsplash

Now you’re ready to rock and roll! Have an amazing break, no matter what is on your itinerary! Safe travels and make the memories of a lifetime!

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.