This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Spooky season is now in full swing and that means it’s time to eat lots of junk food and an abundance of chocolate. Eating healthy during the holidays is difficult, but manageable. Halloween is all about creativity and doing it yourself, so check out these healthy Halloween recipes. 

Halloween Avocado Toast

Avocado toast is one of the few foods I love and enjoy eating. This is a spooky twist on classic avocado toast. You have to mash the avocado and make sure you get it to a smooth consistency. You can play with the ingredients, from adding whatever you’d like or changing the amounts of ingredients needed. This recipe below can make around 4 pieces of avocado toast.

Ingredients

4 pieces of toast

4 avocados

1 Tablespoon lemon juice

2 sheets of seaweed

Radishes

Black olives

Mini dill pickles 

Grape tomatoes

Walnuts

½ red bell pepper

Pumpkin Veggie Tray

Do you have to go to a Halloween party but don’t know what to bring? No worries, I got you. You can make a veggie tray that looks like a pumpkin to get you in the Halloween spirit. This tray is a super easy recipe and does not require a lot of time and effort. Don’t think that you have to limit yourself to the veggies shown, you can always customize it to whatever vegetables you like. 

Ingredients 

A bag of baby carrots

Mini seedless cucumbers 

Platter

Halloween Banana Popsicles

The bananas are dipped in white chocolate to resemble small ghosts and mummies. If white chocolate isn’t for you, you can swap for dark chocolate. Also, if you don’t want to cover it with chocolate you can dip it in vanilla greek yogurt. This Halloween treat is both kid and adult-friendly. 

Ingredients for Banana Popsicles

4 large bananas

1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt

3 tablespoons powdered sugar

Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

16 popsicles sticks

For the Banana Popsicle Mummies

⅓ cup creamy peanut butter

Paleo and Vegan Witch Finger Cookies

Yes, you read that right! It is vegan and paleo. This recipe is so realistic and disgusting that it makes me fall in love even more with the recipe. The cookie fingers are so spooky and fun that will make your party shine. 

Ingredients for the cookie

¼ cup + 3 tablespoon honey

½ cup of coconut oil at room temperature

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

½ teaspoon almond extract

1 cup coconut flour

¼ teaspoon salt 

16 sliced almonds

Strawberry Jelly

¾ cup frozen strawberries (measured when thawed and soft)

2 tablespoon honey

Jack O’ Lantern Stuffed Quinoa Peppers

This gives classic stuffed peppers a spooky twist. This is another one of those recipes anyone can eat because it is gluten-free and vegan. 

Ingredients

4 bell peppers

2 cups cooked quinoa

1 can black beans

½ cup of salsa

¼ cup minced red onion

½ juice of a lime

2-4 teaspoon fresh cilantro

½ tsp cumin (organic)

½ chili powder (organic)

Salt

Avocado or guacamole (optional)

When I think about the holidays, I think about eating a lot of junk food but this holiday I am going to eat healthier to reach my fitness goals. Try these recipes and tag us in photos of your culinary creations. These are just a handful of a plethora of deliciously healthy recipes, from snacks to desserts!

Roya Zaki

Sacramento '22

Hi, My name is Roya Zaki and I'm a writer. I am currently a freshman at Sacramento State majoring in Biology currently pre-med also. I love reading books on wattpad. I'm your typical Pisces I love watching youtube videos and I love listening to music some of my favorite artists are: Ariana Grande, Due Lipa, 5SOS, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Lauv, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Any member of One Direction.