This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

I am currently an intern for Alice + Olivia, a global contemporary fashion company worn by A-list celebrities, is part of New York Fashion Week, appears in Vogue magazine, and is sold in luxury department stores in Manhattan. It’s an amazing opportunity. I intern two days a week and, with classes, it can be a lot to handle. Here’s some advice on how to handle an internship and classes:

1)    Make a schedule: Since our generation is privileged enough to have technology, make a calendar to schedule classes, days for your internships, time to study/do homework and make time for friends.

2)    Never miss class or your internship: You’ve already made a commitment and they are your main priorities that will get you far in your life.

3)    Make sure to spend time with friends and relax: Having classes and an internship can be stressful enough, so make sure you make time for yourself, friends, work out at the gym, get a massage, etc.

Even though my life can be busy and stressful, I love every minute of it and the opportunities that I am given. It’s a growing process of being an adult and I know that I will truly appreciate it at the end.